Ahh, that Ringo

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tuco, Dec 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbryant

dbryant Forum Resident

Ringo's sure sounds like the dominant voice on "Carry That Weight". Does that count as a Ringo lead vocal?

2. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I always listen.

3. Beatle Terr

Beatle Terr Super Senior SH Forum Member Musician & Guitarist

YIKE'S!!

"Once There Was A Way, To Get Back Homeward, (this is Paul's lead vocal) right into the chorus, "Boy, your gonna Carry That Weight", Carry That Weight along time"

I'm sure it's an honest mistake. No biggy! :)

4. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Ringo once told me the other band members wanted him to be upfront in the chorus. He never could figure out why...

5. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brotherâ„¢ In Memoriam

Hey Terr, :wave: with all do respect. Ring's voice is dominant throughout the choirs. The choirs is sung by Paul, George and Ringo, all doubled tracked. Lennon wasn't at these sessions, because he was recuperating from a automobile accident.

6. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Sometimes, but that can be said for George, too.....

:ed:

7. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

I love Ringo's music. Although not related to Ringo Starr, I love the Lorne Greene hit "Ringo" as well.

8. Beatle Terr

Umm guy's I realize Ringo's voice is in the chorus, but the thread is about Ringo's lead vocals or at least it started out that way Steve. Perhaps, I read it wrong??

9. Tuco

Tuco Senior Member Thread Starter

Beatle Terr, yes, my intention was Beatle songs with lead vocal by Ringo.

BradOlson, as corny as it is, I too enjoy Lorne Greene's "Ringo". :)

10. Beatle Terr

Ok my friend...

11. LAL

LAL Forum Resident

Except for one or two songs, I'm not too keen on Ringo's vocals. However, since I rarely hit the skip button, I let an album play uninterrupted but often not really paying attention when it's his turn.

12. OcdMan

OcdMan Senior Member

Always Ringo.

Am I the only one here that loves "What Goes On" and "Don't Pass Me By"? :laugh:

13. telliott

telliott Senior Member

When I was young, I wore out the US Rubber Soul. When I discovered the UK album, I was disappointed that "What Goes On" was on it. I have since grown to love the song. Great harmony vocals.

"Don't Pass Me By" isn't one of my favorites, but I don't hate it either. It was interesting, during one of the BBC sessions from '64, the host (Saturday Club?) asked Ringo about his songwriting. Ringo said he was writing a song for Paul to sing. Paul recites part of the lyrics "Don't pass me by. Don't make me cry. Don't make me blue, baby, 'cause you know why..."

My favorite Ringo vocal is "With A Little Help From My Friends" Great song. He was really nervous about that high note at the end but it came out great.

Tim

14. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brotherâ„¢ In Memoriam

OK...I gotcha!!! :righton:

15. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

Ringo gets the least respect of the four, and in today's music world I hear some folks consider him a joke. However, listening to the Beatles Capitol box reminded me how good a drummer he was. He DROVE those early tunes, and the cymbals make many of those songs rock.

The only Ringo (Beatles) tune I don't really like is "Don't Pass Me By". I think "Goodnight" is a nice tune, and when I was in college, I closed out many a dorm party with that one.

I think his last few CDs are actually excellent in places, and think it's a shame that he gets little attention for these efforts.

Again, how many music groups of 4 members or more in the history of Rock and Roll have all had #1 hits? Not the Stones, Not the Who, Not Zeppelin, not even CSN&Y,.....only The Beatles!

Enough said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.