Albums You Most Desperately Want Reissued On Vinyl!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jam757, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Beamish13

Beamish13 Forum Resident

I’d love to have Nyman/Albarn’s RAVENOUS score, too. Good call on God Help the Girl

Anaplian likes this.
  2. Don't laugh!

Warrant - Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich (the original release sells too high for my taste!)
    Aerosmith - A Little South of Sanity
    Ozzy Osbourne - No More Tears
    Ozzy Osbourne - Live & Loud
    Journey - Escape

mr. faded glory likes this.
  3. jimjim

jimjim Forum Resident

Wasn't that reissued by Music On Vinyl recently? Saw it JB HIFi here not long ago...

4. todd141

todd141 Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Hum - You'd Prefer an Astronaut.

5. Dmac99

Dmac99 Forum Resident

The first 5 REM albums. I have not scene an AAA re-issue in decades. It appears that the UM fire ended that possibility.

6. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

Interesting that they are not reissue them, it's been a long time since they were in print.

Dmac99 likes this.
  7. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I wish they would just start with the late 80’s and move forward with decent sellars that were never issued on vinyl at all!

8. VeryVnl

VeryVnl Well-Known Member

Aimee Mann - Bachelor No. 2 (Or The Last Remains Of The Dodo)

Mojave 3 - Excuses For Travellers

The Stills - Logic Will Break Your Heart

Grahamstuartcanada likes this.
  9. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me

I assume they will soon. They just did PJ Harvey. He must be in the queue.

Neonbeam likes this.
  10. pwhytey

pwhytey Forum Resident

Seance by The Church. You'd think that living in Australia would mean there are copies to be found in secondhand stores, but they're like unicorns.

I'm pleased that Gold Afternoon Fix and Priest = Aura have received a reissue (albeit limited and expensive), but what about the early albums? It's not all about Starfish. Sheesh.

[​IMG]

aseriesofsneaks likes this.
  11. pwhytey

pwhytey Forum Resident

A big yes to this — all The Stranglers' albums deserve a vinyl reissue.

Anaplian and Putrifiers II like this.
  12. pwhytey

pwhytey Forum Resident

Wow, those prices are insane! How can a record that sold as well as this one be so expensive? I picked up my copy about four years ago for $5!

13. Anaplian

Anaplian Rise and Reverberate

The Stranglers occasionally reissue stuff on vinyl and sell it through their website - Stranglers Official Site - sadly, I only discovered this recently and there's currently nothing left in stock.

Putrifiers II and pwhytey like this.
  14. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

FYI, Aimee Mann's Bachelor #2 was re-issued on vinyl for RSD last year.

aseriesofsneaks and ndoheny like this.
  15. MrChad

MrChad Forum Resident

It’s upsetting. I almost grabbed a nice copy for $45 six months ago but hesitated because of the price. It now looks like a bargain in comparison.

16. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

Not so with the superior original UK track listing of Golden Age.

17. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Unfortunately greedy sellers and enough buyers new to vinyl that are clueless about relative rarity v value. To these sellers everything is rare. If this fetches $50 to $80 I wonder what the really limited 3rd album 'Matters Of The Heart' fetches. Need to check. A while back it was surprisingly cheap considering I only saw it by chance once on release , the day I grabbed a copy.

18. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

Zeppelin, Floyd, and the Beatles would like a word.

(But seriously.... Tracy Chapman sold 6 million in America, but how many of those were on vinyl? By 1988, it was mostly cassettes and CDs. I wouldn't be surprised if the vinyl moved 500K at most. Now consider that the RL of Zeppelin II had about 200K pressed and look at the STUPID prices that goes for now. I honestly think any vinyl from '85 on that becomes "in demand" will go way up in price--be it Prince, The Cure, The Pixies, etc--because the copies just aren't that plentiful.)

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  19. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

Haha I know! I was used to the reissue CD of Golden Age with the original running order, and I prefer that to the U.S. Wally, as great as the sound is.
    I have original UKs on my Wantlist.... They're honestly pretty cheap as well, but of course the shipping effectively doubles the price and then some.

c-eling likes this.
  20. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

Just checked, and neither Matters nor Crossroads go for much more than the S/T. In fact, if you're in Europe, you can probably snag copies for less. Problem for American buyers is there are basically no U.S. sellers for Matters right now, so you're paying a lot for shipping. Same with Crossroads. (The few domestic copies are priced like the debut, which again is crazy considering our used copies used to just sit in the bins.)

21. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Prefer the old 1982 US Wally, Urges/Leipzig over Wreck of The Fairchild. (UK tracklist) + the guitar mix of Radio Silence. :)

Neonbeam likes this.
  22. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

John Frusciante- Shadows Collide with People
    The The - Dusk
    Tool - Aenima
    Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals + Antichrist Superstar
    George Michael - Older
    Ride - Nowhere

23. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Yeah...the Tool would be good. You don’t want Aenima then? :wtf:

24. Beamish13

Beamish13 Forum Resident

Never released on vinyl

25. aunitedlemon

aunitedlemon Unity is in the pith.

I keep hoping that there will be another vinyl reissue of Quicksand's "Slip".