Albums you would erase from a discography?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ghost of Ziggy, May 14, 2022.

1. Deja Doh

Deja Doh QUARANTINED

Coda

Chris Schoen likes this.
  2. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Coda is more of a "collection", and there are a few good songs there.

3. Pierino

Pierino Forum Resident

Noooooooo! There is some music on those two albums that has given me much enjoyment over the years.

Zeroninety, Folknik, Jonny W and 5 others like this.
  4. monsieur murray

monsieur murray Forum Resident

5. Thorpy

Thorpy Forum Resident

Somewhere Else is without any redeeming features for me and I would remove it gladly; the remixed Radiation saved that album after I hated the original version. Afraid of Sunlight and Seasons End remain my favourites from the Hogarth era (closely followed by Brave, Holidays In Eden and Sounds That Can't Be Made)

6. octophone

octophone immaterial girl

I;ve been deep in a G&C hole and I think what I dislike about it is that it punctures their self-contained universe. Sure, they needed horn players and there's the odd cameo elsewhere but they never needed anyone else to sing. Suddenly, the album is dominated by other voices and it just doesn't work for me at all.

Horses for courses - I've just been listening to the Consequences podcast episode about "Ismism" and I'm amazed at how harsh some of the opinions are.

wayneklein and Northernlight like this.
  7. joy stinson

joy stinson Secret friend

Enjoyed press to play and its singles especially, as original multi styles on the album and singles, for Macca then and like Egypt station both…

Sean likes this.
  8. joy stinson

Yes, I liked dark horse songs and saw him on that tour though as all know, his vocals weren’t good.

Boom Operator and Sean like this.
  9. joy stinson

Yes…he definitely had a good time making it so that was good, but I thought the songs on it mostly dragged, didn’t care for his vocals and really hated that seventies sax. I was lucky and glad then to get a real copy of Roots however.

Sean likes this.
  10. I actually prefer In Through the Out Door to Presence.

11. Joseph LeVie

Joseph LeVie Forum Resident

I’ll probably think of something to delete as soon as I hit Post Reply, but, off the top of my head I can’t think of anything to delete. Having said that, I really liked the old days when bands had clean succinct discographies and only live albums every five years or so. It seemed to make them that much more important.

Maybe delete any album entitled Then And Now.

Crimson Witch and Karate Chop like this.
  12. ironbutterfly

ironbutterfly Listening to marky mark in mono

FIXED IT FOR YA

Instant Dharma likes this.
  13. Karate Chop

Karate Chop Forum Resident

I take it you're not a 3EB fan?

ironbutterfly likes this.
  14. Rick220

Rick220 Forum Accident

Prince - Graffiti Bridge

Because it ended my Prince obsession. Up until then Prince could do no wrong with me. I had seen him live 6 times and chased and collected bootlegs, outtakes, live recordings, anything.
    GB was such a massive letdown that it severely impacted my appreciation of Prince, even in reverse. The crazy thing is I initially defended the album. The fact that this musical genius could produce such a bad album was something I simply could not process. It almost physically hurt me to acknowledge it was no good. literally the end of an era for me.
    I honestly think I would have appreciated more of his later work if that album had never been made.
    Of course over 3o years later it’s not that big a deal anymore but at the time I was musically devastated.

odd twist: I still have the vinyl album in my collection

15. DolphinsIntheJacuzzi

DolphinsIntheJacuzzi Forum Resident

Make Physical Graffiti a single album, make In Through the Out Door an E.P., and delete everything else after Houses of the Holy. And oh, yeah, get rid of "The Cringe" (sorry, "The Crunge") from HOTH, and replace it with the title track (oddly on PG).

Rufus rag and Karate Chop like this.
  16. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

I'd actually call that one of the better albums in that (late middle? early late?) period. I remember quite vividly the first album I thought was truly dodgy, which was Come.

wayneklein and Rick220 like this.
  17. Karate Chop

Karate Chop Forum Resident

This.

I've also always referred to that song as "The Cringe" as well... god that song is unlistenable.

18. Seabass

Seabass Old Git

Satanic Majesties

A large pothole in a smooth road imho

joy stinson likes this.
  19. Rick220

Rick220 Forum Accident

It’s all personal of course. Happy to hear it works for you.

20. Panther

Panther Forum Resident

Yellow Submarine is an obvious one, right? While I personally don't like Magical Mystery Tour, at least it's really an E.P. so it can be kind of put aside based on that. But there's no getting around that Yellow Submarine was an official Beatles' album, and a cheap, crappy, cash-in one at that.

As a U2 fan, I would be quite happy to delete No Line On The Horizon from their discography. I just think it adds nothing. Maybe two decent songs, after a half decade wait.
    Ha, ha! I'm on board with that!

Phil Tate likes this.
  21. Jon-A

Jon-A Forum Resident

Easy: Let It Be.

ARK likes this.
  22. Summer of Malcontent

Summer of Malcontent Forum Resident

There are a couple of dozen lousy live albums released antehumously as well. If that’s not a word, it is now. Clearing out everything except the contemporaneous live albums released as part of live contracts (e.g. Totale’s Turns, SeminaLive) and starting afresh with some discernment would be a great idea.

Dudley Morris and denesis like this.
  23. Not for me. Flaws aside, it’s got a handfulof great tracks.

24. A-Tone

A-Tone camera shy

There are quite a few Prince albums I wish hadn't existed, but I'd really like to erase the run from PlectrumElectrum to Hitnrun Phase Two. Those four records are shockingly abysmal.

wayneklein likes this.
  25. phillyal1

phillyal1 Forum Resident

We Love You and Child of the Moon would have greatly improved that record