Albums you'd like to see released on vinyl that have never been

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by sublemon, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

For me: Broken China by Pink Floyd's Rick Wright. An album from '96, on EMI, so why it was never released on vinyl in the first place, I have no clue. The album consists of four parts of about 15 minutes each. Would be perfect for the vinyl format.

2. brokenhanger

brokenhanger Well-Known Member

This had a release in the UK:

http://www.discogs.com/Janet-Jackson-Janet/release/589957

Speaking of Miss Jackson, though, I'd love to see a 2xLP reissue of 'Rhythm Nation' so they wouldn't have to use edits to make the whole thing fit on a single LP.

Someone mentioned Fountains of Wayne's 'Welcome Interstate Managers' earlier. When the 'Utopia Parkway' LP came out late last year, I asked Yep Roc about doing 'WIM' and they said "there were plans for more reissues in the near future" or something like that. So not 100% confirmation, but I took that to mean that it's in the works. (I'd buy 'Traffic & Weather' if they did it, but it's far and away my least favorite FoW LP and would only get it for completion sake.)

My #1 wish on LP though is Whale's 'All Disco Dance Must End In Broken Bones'. There were 12" singles from the album and it was released on Hut in the UK who put out everything on vinyl at that time, so I have no idea why this particular album never got a pressing.

3. EL34

EL34 Forum Resident

Dylan's original NYC version of Blood On the Tracks. This bootleg is one of my all time favorite albums, and I initially thought it was the only version released. Imagine my concern when I heard the "real" version with drums on every track...

4. mikem60

mikem60 Forum Resident

Shawn Mullins
    Souls Core

5. MusicIsLove

MusicIsLove formerly CSNY~MusicIsLove

I would like to see the late 90s/early 00s Pop music era represented on vinyl.

otherdimension and zen like this.
  6. Michael Anderson

Michael Anderson Forum Resident

Brad Paisley...Time Well Wasted and Play. The CDs sound great, but would love to see the vinyl version...

7. Paul Saldana

Paul Saldana jazz vinyl addict

The Korean copy I had of Zooropa sounded like it was digitally sourced. It was well pressed. I sold it.

I really want the Jason Falkner solo albums (only one came out on vinyl) and The Grays - Ro-Sham-Bo.

Costello's 'Kojak Variety' and Costello/Bacharach 'Painted From Memory' would be nice too. Since MFSL is doing his albums one by one, these are real possibilities.

ELO - Zoom. Another vote for that one. The Knack - Zoom (either mix).

8. Vinyl_Blues

Vinyl_Blues Slave to the Groove

I would also like to add John Paul Jones' Zooma. A really unique and creative album that deserves the vinyl treatment.

9. maxheadroom

maxheadroom Senior Member

I even bought a promo of ELO's "Zoom" just because it has slightly better dynamics than the released version.

10. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Jackson has released 'Duke' and 'Rain' on vinyl in recent years, but none of the albums you listed.

11. True. And Rain is significantly better on vinyl.

12. mfp

mfp Senior Member

Again, there is a vinyl Laughter & Lust. I have it.

13. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

What is the country of manufacture?

P.S. Noticed a couple of copies of the LP on ebay. I assume they were made in the EU. Never knew this title had appeared on vinyl before.

14. attym

attym Forum Resident

Phish:
    Rift
    Hoist
    Billy Breathes

15. I did not know that either.

16. Steve G

Steve G Senior Member

I second the motion on the first two Taylors but the last two sound great and she's a big vinyl fan so I'm guessing their non-existence means they were recorded on Garage Band or something. But I'd still buy them...

17. Denti

Denti Forum Resident

John Frusciante: Niandra LaDes and Usually Just a T-Shirt

Also, just about the entire Tzadik catalog.

18. dconsmack

dconsmack Senior Member

No. 4 and Shangri-La Dee Da by Stone Temple Pilots. Their albums sound amazing but are ruined in mastering.
    Get Behind Me Satan - The White Stripes
    Scissorfight. Their albums sound amazing too; horrible mastering.

19. mfp

mfp Senior Member

I bought it when I was in Greece. Many 90s albums appeared on vinyl in Greece only, and I bought many of them while I was there.
    However, a quick Discogs search show there are other pressings, from various European countries. Also, copies for sale under $10. Discogs is your friend. :)
    http://www.discogs.com/Joe-Jackson-Laughter-Lust/master/48784

20. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

Tracy Chapman - New Beginning

21. sathvyre

sathvyre formerly known as ABBAmaniac

UNANIMATED - Ancient God Of Evil

22. markbrow

markbrow Forum President

Yes. And World Party's "Goodbye Jumbo" (if it's out there somewhere, let me know!)

23. markbrow

markbrow Forum President

nevermind...googled Goodbye Jumbo on vinyl and tracked it down!

24. Javito

Javito Well-Known Member

In fact Celine Dion's Falling Into You album from 1996 has a vinyl release, but it was a very limited edition;)

25. Mlle. Aurora

Mlle. Aurora SeƱor Member

Another plea for Costello & Bacharach's Painted From Memory. At least I found out that I own a HDCD copy of it (it's not marked as such) while testing my new Oppo player. Sounds very good!