Alex Lifeson at peace with the end of Rush

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RickH, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markreed

markreed Forum Resident

I don't want to see Lee and Lifeson on stage again, or without Peart. Maybe if Lifeson was to guest for a song or two at a Lee solo show, but that's it. They band played their hearts out until their bodies couldn't do it anymore. They stayed great to the end, and that's as good as any band can ever really get.

I'd understand a solo Lee album/tour/etc., but I'm more than OK if that doesn't happen.

ceddy10165 likes this.
  2. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

I hope he holds to that. Don Henley said a lot of crap too that he didn't abide by what he said.

3. ceddy10165

ceddy10165 My life was saved by rock n roll

I love Geddy and Alex and want them to be happy doing whatever they want to do. As a diehard lifelong Rush fan, we got more than we could have ever hoped for, they went out on top with dignity. I don’t need to ever hear them play Rush again. It happened, it’s over, and now it’s time to move on I think. I have so much respect for their class and their grace.

gelin, J_D__, davebush and 1 other person like this.
  4. jeddy

jeddy Forum Resident

RUSH have no imitators
    they are unique in what they did and sounded like.

They will forever be in the books!

ian christopher, slovell and HenryH like this.
  5. Pratt

Pratt Forum Resident

First off, Geddy and Alex would NEVER even consider playing live with anyone else. PERIOD. This isn't the Stones, or Deep Purple or the Who. Nothing against those bands, love them, but Rush had something that a lot of other bands don't have. If nothing ever happened to any one of them, the band would be over, each one is irreplaceable, so it's ridiculous to even say that.
    Secondly, if you can't come on here and state your opinion without the insults or name calling, then you're the one who should go back under your rock. If you can't read other people's responses to what you've said without getting completely offended, you should leave, grow up, then return when you can handle it.

ytserush, Charlie Z., slovell and 3 others like this.
  6. Pratt

Pratt Forum Resident

Saw that years back. I dunno, something about watching other people do Rush makes me cringe.
    Portnoy seems to want to overplay Peart which sounds crazy but that's what he was trying to do. Sounded awful.

ytserush and BadJack like this.
  7. misteranderson

misteranderson Forum Resident

Mike can't help himself. Always has to be about *him.*

utopiarun likes this.
  8. Pratt

Pratt Forum Resident

Totally agree. Can't stand the guy. He couldn't just play the song, he HAD to overplay all over the place and for anyone who is familiar with Neil's drumming, it's already busy enough, but as you said, he can't help himself. It just ended up sounding like crap, so I really don't mind!

9. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

Rush is a great band but, not at the level of the Stones and The Who

10. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

I don't think that was his point.

11. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

Their members are not replaceable as well but, they continued and made a different sound

12. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Balogna. Rush continued to produce vital records until the very end. When was the last half decent Stones album? Really. Tell me? Steel Wheels? When was that made?

13. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Blue & Lonesome, circa 2016, is a very good album.

footlooseman likes this.
  14. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

So you are going to choose a covers album to prove some kind of point?

:biglaugh:

15. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Uh, apparently you aren't familiar with The Rolling Stones body of work dating back to 1963. Covers or no covers, Blue & Lonesome is a very good release, so yes, the point is proven...the band has released a good album in recent years.

footlooseman and bubba-ho-tep like this.
  16. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

I am familiar with their body of work going back to the early Sixties. I am familiar with the history of that band and their legacy.

I am not arguing Your opinion nor am I denying the fact they made a well received blues covers album in the last 15 years.

17. markreed

markreed Forum Resident

Good yes. But they didn't write a second of the songs on that.

18. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Thats what I mean. I could make an argument that Feedback was a good selection of cover tunes done in Rush like fashion. That doesn't mean that its better album that Steel Wheels or Tatoo You. :”;)

markreed likes this.
  19. wdiv

wdiv Forum Resident

Just pray they don't go the "Neal Peart hologram" route... :)

20. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark

You can't be serious.

Instant Dharma and Rooster_Ties like this.
  21. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Surely. ;)

mark winstanley, ytserush and slovell like this.
  22. Mirror Image

Mirror Image Forum Resident

What an ignorant statement. Rush pushed the musical envelope in ways that the Stones and The Who have never heard or thought possible. Have you even listened to Hemispheres or Permanent Waves?

23. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

I just hope that one day Alex decides to pick up his guitar again. He could really do great things with just acoustic. He really excels there. Thats all I hope.

slovell likes this.
  24. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Talk about your Straw Man. Lol

25. Blastproof

Blastproof Senior Member

Alex and Geddy would be okay to play. If there's anything that I've learned, it is to never say NEVER.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.