Alice Cooper's "Easy Action", "Killer" and "Welcome to my Nightmare" on Rhino coming 1/23/18! *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by If I Can Dream_23, Dec 27, 2017.

1. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

The Killer on black vinyl was - the one before the cv reissue. The cv of Killer did not get stated as done with most care and does not get anywhere near an original. You may have the reissued mixed up. Or I have read your post incorrectly. If so I apologize in advance. I'd like to think the cv of Killer sounds amazing but it's not what I read.

2. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

No worries, I probably did not explain well but I do have the previous reissue of "great" Killer on 180g black vinyl which I think came from the EU although I can't recall who I ordered from. Most likely Amazon. It gets confusing with so many reissues!

3. Dodgytc

Dodgytc Forum Resident

Still waiting on a version of Easy Action that does not play Killer. I purchased one, complained to Rhino, and they sent me another copy of the exact same thing.
    I asked if they could send me a copy that had been opened and checked, that was a couple of months ago, not heard from them since.

TC

Jack likes this.
  4. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

Me too!

5. Electric Sydney

Electric Sydney Forum Resident

Just a heads up, Alice Cooper Welcome To My Nightmare purple vinyl is like $11 on Amazon for some reason.

Raysdeathmachine and superstar19 like this.
  6. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

I think they just drop every now and then. I got Special Forces on Amazon UK for £10 a couple months ago

Electric Sydney likes this.
  7. fitzchris72

fitzchris72 Forum Resident

I bought a copy of both “Easy Action” and “Killer” last week hoping that if they were screwed up I’d still have both. Unfortunately the “Killer” album was actually “Easy Action”. So I opened “Easy Action” and it’s..... “Easy Action”. So now I have two copies of Easy Action. Is there any way to differentiate which “Killer” you are getting without opening it? Would love to get a correct “Killer”. I am aware of the UK pressing but hoping to find a corrected one locally if possible.

8. bloodlemons

bloodlemons Forum Resident

I have a gold "Killer" with "Easy Action" labels inside a "Killer" jacket. Message me if you're interested in completing your screwed up set!

9. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

This must mean that the method of correcting the screw-up in at least some cases was to switch out mixed up pressings and ignore that the result with be wrongly printed labels.

That is if you did not do any switcheroo yourself.

Was the shirk wrap stickered about the Rocktober / Colored vinyl. And you did not fix this album yourself?

10. bloodlemons

bloodlemons Forum Resident

No, I just swapped the discs between the two original mispressings. So I have a red Easy Action with a "Killer" label, too.

11. Dodgytc

Dodgytc Forum Resident

I took a chance on a 3rd copy of Easy Action, this one had the "record store crawl" sticker and plays the correct tracks. Finally !
    The first two incorrect copies did not have the sticker, if that helps anybody. Picked it up at Amoeba LA.

TC

12. SteveCam

SteveCam Forum Resident

I picked up an early Canadian reissue of Easy Action last week on the Warner olive green label, Kinney Music on the label so from 1971-early 1972. This is the first time I have had this on vinyl and really gave it a few god listens. It's actually a pretty good album. Worth taking a chance on for sure.

Raysdeathmachine likes this.
  13. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

Got a great pressing of this and the SQ is excellent
    [​IMG]
    Alice Cooper - Welcome To My Nightmare
    Purple vinyl

14. SteveCam

SteveCam Forum Resident

I have this one too, and it is quite nice.

tinnox and Shvartze Shabbos like this.