Alice Cooper's "Easy Action", "Killer" and "Welcome to my Nightmare" on Rhino coming 1/23/18! *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by If I Can Dream_23, Dec 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dodgytc

Dodgytc Forum Resident

Thank you, will probably get the Rhino as well (if they fix it) for the cover.

2. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

3. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

It list it but it does not say color vinyl version

4. FourWalledWorld

True but it doesn't specify a coloured version of the purple Welcome to My Nightmare either. I can't see the purpose of them being released on regular black at this point.

tinnox likes this.
  5. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

I agree but thought they were as well, I could be wrong though

6. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Yep. There's a eBay listing for Killer right now from Germany. Actual picture, "Limited red & black vinyl" sticker, calendar cover but NO SYEOR sticker. So at least in Europe Warner is releasing the corrected editions.

7. Raysdeathmachine

Raysdeathmachine Forum Resident

I noticed the German pressings had a bar code on the back. The US pressings do not. Curious if packaging is the same & these have tip up calendar. Time will tell

8. Ludger

Ludger ISthisALLreal, ISthisALLnecessary, ORisTHISaJOKE?

I ordered all three from jpc.de a couple of months ago. Received only WTMN. The 'new' release date for EA and Killer was then set to December 2018. When I found out emp.de had a release date 23/2 I ordered from them and forgot to cancel my jpc order. Yesterday, I got parcels from both, the jpc one containing the corrected versions and the emp one the 'wrong' ones. Oh well, won't complain - being the crazy completist I'll keep them all.

9. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Did they ever repress Alice Cooper's Killer on red and black vinyl to correct the mistake of being Easy Action?

10. Dodgytc

Dodgytc Forum Resident

11. FourWalledWorld

Did anyone buy/receive the corrected versions? A number of online retailers had them listed as release for 23 Feb but I'm still wary of getting the wrong editions.

12. Raysdeathmachine

Still waiting on my copies. Shipped from Germany on 28th Feb. Tracking shows stuck in Chicago since the 10th March. Supposedly winter storms in Northeast are to blame. Will post when they arrive...IF they arrive. (fingers crossed)

FourWalledWorld likes this.
  13. Raysdeathmachine

Well, wish I had better news. my Alice Cooper l.p.s arrived today from Obsessed-Records, Germany. I picked up both Easy Action & Killer in case the pressings were switched I would have a copy of each album, at least that was the plan. Opened EA first because I wanted to check out the "gold" vinyl...meh not impressed. Looks more milky brownish-grey than gold. The cover has a bar code on the back. The withdrawn SYEOR copies online didn't show a barcode. The record came in a black poly lined inner sleeve. That was a nice touch. Reminded me of the printed inner that came with the original press offering straight/bizarre sampler. Examined the spacebands on side two and there were five songs, that was a good sign. And yes, it played as Easy Action. Sound wise good, but I have an original Straight and I prefer it over this reissue.
    Opened Killer and it has the 1972 tip up calendar no barcode on the back, they really did a nice job. You have to fold back the calendar to get at the album and the calendar looks like it could easily be detached, honestly forgot how fragile it was. I was a freshman in high school when this first came out, & I immediately removed the calendar and put "hanged Alice" on my bedroom wall; much to my mother's chagrin. She couldn't wait for the year to end. Anyway, I store my l.p.s in resealable poly bags with the record outside of the jacket so I won't be futzing with the calendar again. It also has a black poly lined sleeve like Easy Action.
    BUT, now for the bad news...looked at side two and it had FIVE TRACKS. Killer only has four. My heart sank, put side 2 on and "Return of the Spiders" played.
    So I have two of the same album. *sigh* this is turning into a real fuster cluck. So if you're looking for good copies, you might want to wait until the dust settles.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    What's really strange is even though both records are the same content-wise the dead wax markings are different. I would think they would be marked the same. Maybe, maybe not. Odd.
    There is a lot of information in the runoff that has been scratched out, but I could make out this: Easy Action: RCV1-1845 A / RCV1-1845 B
    Killer: RCV1-2567 A / RCV-12567 B
    Both: "Mastered by Capitol" -- "IS" (Ian Selfchick) etched in dead wax.

14. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Man o man. This is a joke Alice and Shep Gordon couldn't have invented. Another one to have !!!!
    Let the story continue.

Ethan B and Raysdeathmachine like this.
  15. FourWalledWorld

Disappointing news but thanks for the info. I guess it looks like it will be July with their "Rhino street party" releases (or whatever they are called) before we get the right ones.

16. Raysdeathmachine

Since I got a correct Easy Action I decided to take another chance on Killer and order from a different vendor. Success!

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ~♪

17. FourWalledWorld

Congrats!

Would you happen to know if there is anything on Killer that differentiates from the error version? For reference - Alice Cooper - Killer

18. Raysdeathmachine

Short answer. No.
    Now for the verbose and pedantic answer.ヅ
    I've looked very closely at both Killer covers and they are exactly the same right down to the finest detail. Even the perforations on the calendar line up perfectly. There doesn't seem to be a way to know until you break the shrink wrap & look at the l.p. At least on the first press you had the SYEOR sticker indicating a miss-press.

I'm just astonished this mix-up happened twice. You would think someone would have been on alert after the initial cock-up in January. Now there are copies floating around that until you open them up you'll not know which press you have. I got a chuckle out of what mesrteech said "Man o man. This is a joke Alice and Shep Gordon couldn't have invented. Another one to have !!!"
    I purchased my correct copy from Rockboxuk. Ludger posted earlier in this thread he got the right copy from jpc.de, BUT even that's not a sure thing.
    To paraphrase Forrest Gump, " It's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gunna git".
    Sorry, that's probably not the answer people want to hear.

FourWalledWorld likes this.
  19. Sax-son

Sax-son Forum Resident

I had ordered Easy Action and Killer from Bullmoose a few days before the recall. I was interested because the price was right and they were coming out on the colored vinyl. Because of this BS problem, I have sort of lost interest, I already own originals of these records and am not pressed to have to buy them. We will see what happens with this, but I am not going to go out of my way anymore with these. They could have had this resolved within a couple of weeks. They are just dangling a tease to Alice Cooper fans. If someone can make a bonehead mistake like that, they can't be paying that much attention to the sound quality.

Raysdeathmachine likes this.
  20. FourWalledWorld

No worries, thanks for the info anyway and enjoy the (correct) music! :righton:

21. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

I found a record store online that had 2 copies each of SYEOR Killer and Easy Action. I tried to purchase these back in January so naturally I purchased one of each. I don't care if they play the opposite versions. I buy to spin and think it's kind of fun to have these mispress issues. Here's my dilemma... The store still has a copy of each. They also have a copy of the Rocktober B$B. All are for sale for normal prices at $19.98, $21.98 and $27.98 respectfully (I already own a copy of B$B Rocktoberfest and yes I play it). Should I invest the $80 to purchase these final copies? I'm a DiscCogs member and see asking prices for these vinyls but I don't sell records. Do they really sell for these prices? I assume it takes time for that special buyer. Ebay has even higher prices. I'm considering selling all (3) at a special package rate and maybe asking $210 for the group thinking all (3) as collectibles could get the right buyer. Regardless, Killer and Easy Action SYEOR have to be sold as a set. BTW - the albums have the SYEOR sticker. I believe that confirms these are the mispress vinyls. From the posts here, it sounds like corrected versions are starting to circulate and this sticker confirms the true mispress copies. I'm interested in others thoughts or experiences with selling vinyls... specifically your insights on these 3 copies. Thanks!

22. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

So I have the UK Bellman pressed Killer which indeed sounds utterly fantastic as reported by others. Are the colored Rhino versions of LITD and WTMN worth it? I have fairly nice originals with a bit of crackle here and there but overall nice players. Mostly I'd be getting these for the fun factor but if it's really sub-par sound I wouldnt be interested.

23. Joey_Corleone

Joey_Corleone Forum Resident

Bummer. I am new to exploring early AC. I own originals of Killer and School’s Out as well as the AF Billion Dollar Babies. So, I was excited to pick up the Easy Action Rhino release, an LP I have never heard.

What a surprise when I put it on last night to find it was Killer in disguise. Total bummer. Maybe I will take it back to the shop.

24. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

My local recordshop can't order them right now!!
    Glad I have the originals, the later pressings, the wrong pressings and test pressings of those :goodie::laughup::laughup:

Electric Sydney likes this.
  25. Electric Sydney

Electric Sydney Forum Resident

They will be properly issued soon I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.