Alice In Chains Dirt Vinyl Reissue coming?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jmcgoldrick, Jul 30, 2022.

1. Tom M

Tom M Forum Resident

Amazon had a release date of August 12th. From what I've gathered scouting around the net, that was the announcement date not release date.
    Also found reference to a Walmart exclusive red vinyl version. That link has also gone dead. Will keep my eyes open this Friday.

2. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

A 2LP Dirt cut by Chris Bellman would be a dream come true.

3. danielkov86

danielkov86 Playing Devil's Avocado Since 1986

Anyone see anything yet?

4. bgod

bgod Well-Known Member

5. danielkov86

Sold out on Walmart and the artist store, nothing on Amazon yet. Had to buy off Revolver.

faceinthecrowd likes this.
  6. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

So the deluxe set from the band's site is coming in at $275! A bit much for what's included:
    "The AIC exclusive translucent orange pressing of Dirt will be available as a stand-alone purchase as well as a component in the ultimate Dirt Super Deluxe Package which also includes a resin figurine custom sculpted girl from the album cover as a vinyl topper and magnet, four show posters, a 24″ square poster featuring the album cover and band photo, four reimagined Dirt album cover prints, a Dirt hardcover book with never before seen photos, CD with remastered audio, and the album’s five 7″ vinyl singles: “Them Bones,” “Down In A Hole,” “Rooster,” “Angry Chair” and “Would?”.

Dirt Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set

7. I Have Been Floated

I Have Been Floated Duke of Kirkcaldy

I love AIC and this is one of my favorite albums, but this reeks of marbles and scarves. Metal shavings and a figurine?

8. Acoustic Warrior

Acoustic Warrior I Come From The Water

I hit Walmart every Saturday. I will be looking.
    [​IMG]

9. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

10. hitmanhart408

hitmanhart408 Forum Resident

some cool options but I think i'll just stick with black. might go for the red walmart if it pops up easily

Acoustic Warrior likes this.
  11. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

Their deluxe editions have been lame.

The black vinyl is up on distro sites for pre-order, so I would expect this to show up in the usual places. Release date is Sept 23rd.

kevinkasson and FourWalledWorld like this.
  12. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

AIC made it official but didn't do their fans justice. Colored variant only from AIC store limited to 2k and sold out instantly. They didn't put much of a cap on copies people could order. I'm ok with 2k to make it truly limited but wish they would've limited it to 1 per household. eBay has them for $99. I'm not paying it even though I wanted it bad. I passed up on the Facelift box and will be passing up on this one too. It's a nicer box than Facelift but no way I'm paying $275. Looks like the standard black for me. Like my wife says "You can't have all the records"

MOON, klownschool, Larry L and 2 others like this.
  13. ryanparr

ryanparr Well-Known Member

14. Acoustic Warrior

Acoustic Warrior I Come From The Water

15. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

16. ryanparr

ryanparr Well-Known Member

Yes, I got an order in. It did sell out very quickly.

ODShowtime likes this.
  17. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

Wow that's even more ridiculous than normal. Thanks for the heads up.

faceinthecrowd and steveharris like this.
  18. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

They'll (maybe) put more pre-orders out, and I'm sure they'll have some in stock at stores on the release date.

19. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

Yeah I would hope so. I have the black vinyl pre-ordered at Amazon but I'm a sucker for colored, all else equal.

I guess we don't know when it actually went on sale. Maybe the Redditors sucked them all up first.

20. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Yeah it would be great to have the AIC store orange but what are ya gonna do? I was at work during it so boooooooooooo LOL

21. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

There must be a significant amount of pent-up demand for this one. I have the MOV, but it really isn't that great so I am very interested in this double-lp version. Not desperate but very interested.

Now if they ever put out the self-titled, watch out I'm throwing elbows! They should do trans-yellow and purple like the OG CD cases. And maybe make enough that they don't all sell out in a few hours.

All good just glad to see everyone be able to get a good pressing of Dirt, because it is masterpiece from start to finish.

mr. faded glory and Boomy like this.
  22. Tom M

Tom M Forum Resident

Pre-order back up for Walmart.

ODShowtime likes this.
  23. danielkov86

Does Revolver allow you to cancel preorders? The Walmart vinyl is $13 cheaper.

24. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

25. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

The Walmart Red Vinyl is still up for preorder.My order went through.I ordered The Beatles Yellow Submarine Songtrack while I was at it!

Chrome_Head likes this.