All CDs $9.99 at Circuit City today

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by vconsumer, Dec 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vconsumer

vconsumer Unapologetically 70s Thread Starter

Sorry if this has been mentioned. Circuit City is selling all CDs for $9.99 each today only.

2. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

I thought that the advertisement I saw on TV last night said Wednesday and Thursday only.

3. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Senior Member

Too bad they don't carry anything worth buying. My CC is worse than Target

4. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I have a hard time finding anything to buy at Circuit City these days, but I've picked up some of the Stones hybrids on this sale in the past. That's something to keep in mind.

5. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat

I went to 2 CCs this morning ... and came away with one CD :( ... ABKCO's Animals Retrospective ...

6. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

About ten years ago they were one of the best places to buy CDs

7. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

yeah, I was in a CC yesterday buying a few cds for stocking stuffers. Wish I knew about the sale then.

But there really isn't anything there that I don't have already.

I wish they were blowing out the few DVDA's they have left for that $9.99.

8. Ryan

Ryan That would be telling

:mad:

I guess only the hybrids will get the discount then. And maybe not if the hybrid is like a Stones or Dylan and regularly sells for $18.99. Sheesh.

9. Ryan

The golden days Grant, literally - I remember rows and rows of gold MFSL and DCC discs just sitting there for the taking.

10. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Really???

My CC didn't carry the Animals Retrospective, last time I checked. (after Thanksgiving)

11. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

Hmmm...that's about the only thing I'd be interested in. Otherwise, I've gone in their countless times and come out empty-handed.

12. quentincollins

quentincollins Forum Word Nerd

CC's prices are not that high for individual discs. As far as I remember, the Stones and Dylan hybrids are priced at $13.99 at CC :righton:

13. Ryan

You're right. It's Borders I was thinking of.

14. Mister Kite

Mister Kite Uncle Obscure

Hybrids definitely ring up at $9.99. I picked up Highway 61 Revisited and Eat a Peach earlier today.

15. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

Thanks for info. I'll check them out tomorrow.

16. Leppo

Leppo Forum Librarian

That's cool. I'd like to grab some hybrids if it stops snowing. :righton:

17. ZIPGUN99

ZIPGUN99 Active Member

Yeh, they used to have a nice oldies, blues, jazz section when they first opened around here. Big Inventory. I think it was the advent of DVD's that messed them up. The DVD's took away room from the CD's. I bought a bunch of Jazz DCC CD's during a sale, once. Sigh.

18. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

"Eat A Peach" is the only SACD I've seen at my CC, and I have that one. But I'll drop in on the way home. Thanks for the info.

19. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

That's absolutely true - but they are selling well, so CC feel that the move was correct. Such a shame, because my local CC is 100 yards from my place! I remember when I first came to California, the display of CDs at Circuit City really impressed me - both range and price.

20. billdcat

billdcat Well-Known Member

C.C. has gone down hill so quickly. I used to be a regular there, now I can't stand to
    even go in the joint!

21. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

I picked up a couple of the Stones Hybrids at the CC on Union Square today. They have a copy of Eat A Peach (Hybrid) left. Some Dylan too, several Stones, a couple of Kinks. No classical, no jazz SACD's.
    Hour looking, fingers are dirty as usual...but happy with the Stones!
    THANKS for the lead!

22. RexKramer

RexKramer Senior Member

I've gone in the past and got several Dylans and Stones. During the last one a few
    months ago I picked up The Animals and "Scary Monsters". This time, just Dylan's
    "Desire." They did seem to have a few more hybrids mixed in than last time, though
    Indigo Girls, Herman's Hermits, and a Kinks ("State of Confusion" - if only they had
    the earlier stuff...). Bowie's "Reality" DualDisc fit inside the $13.99 or under" price
    range but I rarely listen to the regular CD as it is. But no Elton Johns. I also picked
    up a (non-SACD) of The Fiery Furnaces. They were touted by the critics a few
    months ago, and the :30 second snippets FYE allows made me interested. For
    $10, I don't mind discovering a new band.

Didn't they take more expensive / disc sets into consideration a couple of Memorial
    Day sales ago, and scale prices? It'd be great if they did that again - definitely
    would've spent more tonight.

Mark

23. Mister Kite

Mister Kite Uncle Obscure

We have a CC and a BB within a block of each other. What I find strange is that at CC, they removed all of their DVD-A discs and demo kiosk, but still carry some (not as many as they used to) SACD titles. At BB, it is the exact opposite. The SACD titles have completely vanished, but they continue to carry some DVD-A product. I really think that hi-rez audio as we know it is not long for this world. As long as I can still pick up the occasional hybrid for $9.99 each at CC, I am a happy camper!

24. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

...picked up a few last minute gifts! This was advertised on local TV.:thumbsup:

25. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Your observations surprise me. Every Best Buy I've been in over the past few months has either greatly reduced or eliminated its stock of DVD-Audio discs and has left the SACD section alone.

So your Best Buy didn't get the Elton John, Clapton, or Derek and the Dominos SACDs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.