All CDs $9.99 at Circuit City today

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by vconsumer, Dec 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister Kite

Mister Kite Uncle Obscure

Not a one, Keith. In fact, on release Tuesday when they came out, I spent fifteen minutes with a sales drone who absolutely INSISTED that these SACD hybrids did not exist. She could not find them in the BB inventory computer, which as she informed me, is NEVER wrong...

Meanwhile, the entire SACD section (still labeled as such) was filled with Christmas CD's, and she had NO idea where their SACD inventory went. This was back in November, and I have not seen a single SACD disc there since (including hybrids) except for Peachtree Road.

2. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Years ago I would have gone arunnin' to CC for a chance at $9.99 cds!

But since I have everything already in back-catalog and most of todays hip-hop/pop music doesn't interest me.....a sale doesn't mean anything anymore....strange eh?

3. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

I went to by local CC at lunch time today and couldn't find a thing that interested me. So instead I ordered 12 SACD titles from www.sonymusicstore.com.

4. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

Went over to my local Circuit City and picked up five of the Elvis Costello 2CD Rhinos (My Aim is True, This Years Model, Armed Forces, Get Happy and Almost Blue). I have had the Rykos since they were released and never felt the need to upgrade, but at $49.95 + tax for ten discs I couldn't pass them up.

5. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

On my lunch break, I went to CC. Looked for, but missed "Armed Forces" (rub it in Dave) but found Animals' "Retrospective" hybrid, Mark Knopfler's "Shangri-La" (boo-hoo, I wanted the hybrid, but for $9.99, it was "such a deal"!) and Jethro Tull's "Live at Isle of Wight", which I knew was out on DVD, but didn't know of a cd release. I hope it sounds better than what I hear about the DVD. AS far as hybrids, there were no Allmans, no Stones, limited Dylan (do I really need to replace "Infidels"?) Ok, no complaints all-in-all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.