All Things Mötley Crüe

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Boswell, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

I was lucky enough my parents bought me a copy in early 86 while they were in Toronto. I never saw it then or since in any book store. It’s not a hard cover and almost reminds me of something like a very well put together “fanzine”....only about a 100 and some pages but the pages are glossy and most of the pics are color. Definitely a gem and worth having to round out your Motley collection.
    Actually while looking at it now, it may have been a UK only release and was written by Dante Bonutto from Kerrang with full input from Nikki and Vince.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  2. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Yeah, I used to have that book and remember those pics. They can't really be from 1981 while he was in the Crue, right? His hair was way longer than that by then. Not to much he looks like puberty is still something he has to look forward to.

3. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

Was thinking the same thing...
    Those pics are in the first page of the book with the table of contents. As a kid reading that book I didn’t even clue in that it was Nikki.

4. Boswell

Boswell Forum Resident Thread Starter

I've never seen all the contents of The First Five Years, surprising no one has scanned and shared it.
    Have you guys heard of this book? It looks amazing. I'm thinking of getting the softcover version

Take a trip back to the club days.

Pouchkine likes this.
  5. Scott Sheagren

Scott Sheagren I’m a Metal,Rock,Jazz Fusion,Gaga type of guy.

Hey I listened to the Original one all the way through.it is better!the bass guitar and drums are deeper and warmer.you can crank it up and sound has more space.i was def wrong.time to get the others unremastered.once I played it through my hifi stereo it was very apparent.

artfromtex, Pouchkine and Queezma like this.
  6. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

I had the originals....bought the remasters when they came out and got rid of my originals (I assumed remaster meant “better”)....over the last couple of yrs I repurchased the originals as I came across them. Did the same thing for VH, Priest and Maiden.

7. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

Me too!! Luckily I reacquired all the old originals back in '09 or so. I paid fair prices for most.

Pouchkine, Boswell and Queezma like this.
  8. artfromtex

If you're able to decode HDCD, the '99 Beyond Music remasters of the first two albums are worth having. The TFFL bonus tracks are incredible and SATD is the one remaster that is a sonic improvement upon the original 80's CD.

9. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

I still kept all of the remasters....I would rather hold on to them than only get a couple bucks on a trade in....plus it’s worth it for the bonus tracks. Unfortunately I don’t have an HDCD decoder to hear the improvement on Shout...
    I was lucky to get the originals for 4-5 bucks a pop as well. Very crankable!!

10. Scott Sheagren

man i just got Generation Swine again.i havent listened to it forever.but its acually not that bad,in fact i love most of the songs now.

Rawkdude and Matthew Tate like this.
  11. artfromtex

"Rat Like Me" and "Kiss The Sky" are really cool songs.

12. Boswell

Boswell Forum Resident Thread Starter

I like Gen Swine too but the last three tunes dont make it for me. "Rat Like Me" and "Brandon" are pretty awful and "Shout97" is fine but it's redundant. All the others have hooks or moods that make em listenable, to me.

Turbo2k likes this.
  13. Scott Sheagren

A Rat Like me,Glitter,Let Us Prey,Generation Swine,Rocketship,Find Myself all rock in my book!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. Turbo2k

Turbo2k Forum Resident

I like most of Generation Swine, it's the last time they did something creative and new IMO. Maybe they were following the latest trends and maybe it didn't work 100% but atleast they tried to make something new and interesting.
    New Tattoo and SOLA was Mötley trying too hard to be Mötley IMO.

15. Scott Sheagren

When it first came out i guess it was to much of a change of sound for me.but listening to it now and giving it a chance there are some awesome songs on it.the same with motley 94.that one really rocks hard and love it so much now.

Matthew Tate and Boswell like this.
  16. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

pretty much the highs for me too

Scott Sheagren likes this.
  17. Scott Sheagren

Oh and Beauty and also.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  18. Scott Sheagren

I def can live without shout 97 and Brandon that’s for sure.lol

19. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident

20. Scott Sheagren

yeah i think im gonna go find the original cds by motley crue.i have dr feelgood and know my friend has shout at the devil and theatre of pain.i did this already for my Judas Priest cds.lol
    and then Iron Maiden next and Megadeth.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  21. Brandon is the worst thing they ever recorded. The new songs on The Dirt soundtrack are 10x better than that drivel.

22. Scott Sheagren

lol not nona?

23. 10x better than Brandon. At least Nona works as some sort of funeral dirge...Brandon is just sappy and awful.

24. thxphotog

thxphotog Camera Nerd Cycling Nerd Guitar Nerd Dietary Nerd

No-oh-naaaaa.....I'm outta my head without Crue.......

I actually think it's sweet. Brandon is just..........just...........whoa!

rnranimal and Boswell like this.
  25. Scott Sheagren

acually the nona on girls girls girls bonus disc demo version is awesome!i cant believe it was not on the studio version.

Matthew Tate and Pouchkine like this.