All Things Mötley Crüe

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Boswell, Oct 21, 2015.

1. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Yup

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. Boswell

Boswell Forum Resident Thread Starter

Vince has a cameo in the movie and Crue gave them RnRJ for the soundtrack. I actually bought this and the Moscow cassettes in 1989 to get these two Crue tunes.
    I think I'd rather these tunes on DR. F rather than say RATTLESNAKE SHAKE or TIME FOR CHANGE.
    Vince's cameo in Ford Fairlane is very short and is pretty much all in the trailer

Matthew Tate, Pouchkine and Queezma like this.
  3. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

Ford Fairlane!!! I got that and Encino Man mixed up....Encino had You’re Invited which I thought could have been on Girls or Feelgood. Great tune...as is all of Exposed

Matthew Tate, Pouchkine and Boswell like this.
  4. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

thats a different version of you're invited too right?

BA Baracus and Queezma like this.
  5. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

Yeah he re recorded it for Exposed. I actually prefer the Encino Man version.

BA Baracus and Matthew Tate like this.
  6. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

The version of "RNR Junkie" on the Ford Fairlane soundtrack is a notably different mix than the DoD version.

7. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

Do you think the song was intended for Feelgood and they figured it wasn’t up to snuff so they didn’t include it but gave it to the movie as a throw away?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident

Wheres the soundtrack? On youtube its the normal junkie

Matthew Tate and Pouchkine like this.
  9. jason88cubs

I REALLY wanna hear the demos they were working on when Vince was fired

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. Pouchkine

Pouchkine Forum Resident

For me Rock And Roll Junkie would have easily been the 4th best song on Feelgood. I prefer it on Decade Of Decadence though, the 5 "new" songs make for a perfect record.

How about the different version? Is it really different, which one do you prefer?

Matthew Tate, artfromtex and Queezma like this.
  11. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

That wasn’t me who said there was another mix of Junkie so I am curious as well.... can’t seem to find it though

Matthew Tate and Pouchkine like this.
  12. artfromtex

It was better than half of the other Feelgood songs, but, I think they made the deal to include a song in Dice's first movie early on and wanted it to be a good one.

I still have the original CD of the soundtrack from way back when. As far as I know that is the only place to get the original mix.

Me too. I bet they're cool.

I haven't A/B'ed them in quite some time. I will do so today and report my findings.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. jason88cubs

Rehearsals begin in a Californian warehouse for a new Mötley Crüe studio album, with a two-weeks-on, two-weeks-off schedule for band members, especially since Bob Rock is too busy to produce at this time. One new song is titled I’m a Victim of a Psycho Bitch, while others include Try This One, New Blooze and Bittersweet. They plan on recording seventeen to twenty tracks for the new album. Nikki says the songs are very dark and lyrically profound, dealing with current and critical subject matter, while musically they are extremely aggressive with complex arrangements; some are in the vein of old Black Sabbath. Whenever Doug Thaler visits the studio, Vince is never there, often claiming he is too tired to sing. The rest of the band members are also annoyed with his apparent lack of commitment to the new work and it’s not too long before he starts taking Thursdays and Fridays off to go to car race meets.

Matthew Tate and artfromtex like this.
  14. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. jason88cubs

Queezma likes this.
  16. Boswell

Boswell Forum Resident Thread Starter

The sound they were working on with Vince is partly represented on MC94 with Corabi (and possibly elements of GEN SWINE). That's the kind of record they wanted to make with Vince. Just imagine Vince singing those songs? Vince onMC94 and today I'm an even bigger Crue fan.

17. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

He really does! That youthful energy has never left him.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  18. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

I compared them last night. The Ford Fairlane soundtrack has a better mastering, but I don't care for the mix. DoD is mastered too loud and has a harsh, thin sound to it. Which is how DoD sounds to me overall. But the mix emphasizes Vince and the guitar, making it more rock. The Fairlane mix is too "nice", making it pretty weak.

Pouchkine, Boswell and Matthew Tate like this.
  19. artfromtex

I think the DoD version is more than just a remix. I think additional guitars and vocals were recorded. I prefer the DoD version. Way more balls.

20. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

It's possible. I'd have to listen closer again.

Matthew Tate and artfromtex like this.
  21. Ivand

Ivand Forum Resident

22. Ivand

Ivand Forum Resident

Same here. The Encino Man version was the first I heard and the one I got used to it. I found interesting that the Encino Man soundtrack also included an unreleased song by The Scream.

Matthew Tate, Queezma and artfromtex like this.
  23. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

Ahaha!!! I have the new remaster of The Scream and this song is on there as a bonus track!

Matthew Tate and Ivand like this.
  24. Ivand

Ivand Forum Resident

The one does also include a live show? Need to get that one!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

It does... not a full show but 7-8 songs if I remember correctly. Not the best sound quality for the live tracks but they were on fire.

Matthew Tate and Ivand like this.