All Things Mötley Crüe

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Boswell, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

Sure. Great way to blow a hundred bucks or so.

2. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

The clips are out there....Buyer beware!

3. GonnaGetcha

GonnaGetcha Forum Resident

Best music video ever? Maybe.

4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Killer song and video!

5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

I love this song and video for later Crue.

905, BDC, Boswell and 6 others like this.
  6. Canadacrowe

Canadacrowe Forum Resident

I went expecting the worst, but it was a fun show. If you're going to sit in your seat and critique the performance, I'm sure there's a lot of obvious things to pick apart -- but if you're going to have some fun, it was well worth it.

Clanceman and Ron Mexico like this.
  7. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

I was wondering was there ever a Crue album by album thread done on here?

Dark Horse 77 likes this.
  8. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

I was listening to Too Fast For Love today and thought I might do a (very) short song by song breakdown in this thread in the next few days with the intention of going through the catalogue. But if someone wants to do a dedicated thread to an album by album, I'm all in.

9. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

:righton:

10. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

I saw them a few years ago during their residency in Vegas. I have never seen so many Cougars on the prowl. Good times, actually. Vince wasn't such a bloated donut eater then, though

11. Boswell

Boswell Forum Resident Thread Starter

I was listening to Side B of SHOUT today & realized it's my favourite side of music from the Motley 81-91 catalog:
    Red Hot, Too Young To Fall In Love, Knock 'Em Dead, Kid, Ten Seconds to Love, Danger.

Danger seems to catch some folks off guard & they don't like it but I don't get it. It's a real interesting song, music-wise, with a strong lyric & kinda encapsulates the theme of a decadent LA-scape perfectly to end the album.

After that, side B of TOO FAST FOR LOVE (Elektra)
    Piece Of your Action, Starry Eyes, Too Fast For Love, On With The Show

Holy awesome! The Leathur version has Stick to Your Guns as well & that's one of my favs so it works.

After that???? Maybe Shout Side A, Too Fast Side A, Girls Side A & then ???

So Crueheads, what do you think is Motley's greatest side of music from 81-91?

LEONPROFF and four sticks like this.
  12. four sticks

four sticks Senior Member

I totally agree regarding side 2 of SATD. That would be my pick as well.

Szeppelin75, GodShifter and Boswell like this.
  13. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

SATD is the only Crue album where every song is a winner. It's a perfect metal album.

CybrKhatru, Szeppelin75 and Boswell like this.
  14. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Eh...I'm not so fond of Bastard or Danger...but it's a solid disc.
    I think Too Fast For Love is a stronger over-all album.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. SizzleVonSizzleton

Good question. Weird to say because I love the band, but looking at the albums they really don't have too many that stand out as "holy shi! that's a perfect side of tunes"! I think you pointed out the two most likely contenders with side B of Shout and side B of Too Fast For Love. And I'd pick the Too Fast For Love side all day long.

16. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

SatD Side 2 is probably the strongest side of a Crue album; so I agree.

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  17. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Been spinning Theatre Of Pain a few times this last week.

Already have stated I pretty much love everything except Corabi album (that's ok to me though.)

"Save Our Souls" & "Raise..." - killer one two punch. When I listen the vinyl I often go to the cd w the demos. Some of my favorite demos on that one.

Crue!!!

18. Boswell

I was thinking that I really like Side A of Theatre.
    Smokin' makes it a bit hard going but otherwise I think it's a set of strong B-sides (City Boy Blues, Keep Your Eye On The Money, Louder Than Hell) & then Home Sweet Home.
    I love Save Our Souls too but that song does not have many fans!

ModernDayWarrior likes this.
  19. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

Side B of Shout. The Crue never toped that and Danger if the perfect end for that album.

LEONPROFF and Boswell like this.
  20. SizzleVonSizzleton

I've said before that I think Theatre of Pain gets most of it's flak because of the costumes and pink album cover. Put the comedy/tragedy masks on a black canvas and dress the band in black leather and the album would be thought of completely differently. Sure, the production could be heavier, it's no where near as heavy as Shout, but Theatre fits in right next to Too Fast For Love. Both very poppy in places, both more 'happy' sounding than SATD. I would freely say that TOP is the weakest of the three, but it's not weak. And it's way better, more consistent, than Girls Girls Girls or Dr. Feelgood.

21. JPagan

JPagan Generation 13

While we're on the subject of Theatre Of Pain...

I always listen to it B-side first, then A-side. Something about starting things off with Tonight – that powerful opening riff that echoes Shout At The Devil – and ending the proceedings with the smooth, valedictory vibe of Home Sweet Home – that has always felt "right" to me.

Thoughts?

Boswell likes this.
  22. Boswell

Crue still had a bit of a metal flavour on Theatre that they totally lost by Girls.

To me, Theatre is full of strong B-side songs.

Keep your Eye, Louder TH, CB Blues, SoSouls, Use It Or Lose are better than the Dr F. B-sides and with waaayyy better lyrics all around.

I like the idea of listening to Theatre B side first but City Boy Blues is the first song on Theatre, for me.

23. SizzleVonSizzleton

Never really thought about it, might give it a try. I do like the idea of ending with Home Sweet Home, that's a fantastic song and one of their best. But if I put on TOP and it didn't start with City Boy Blues I think it would throw me for a serious loop!

24. JPagan

JPagan Generation 13

If you're used to the normal way, that's understandable and perfectly valid.

I started flipping it around (B then A) almost from the very beginning, because I noticed right away how much better it flows. I like City Boy, but Tonight is a stronger opener. And Home is the logical choice to close the album, IMO.

25. Boswell

I think City Boy Blues is a stronger song than Tonight so I'd rather start with that.
    CBBlues is a new Crue sound & reflects a more mainstream Hard rock vibe, Aerosmith-influenced, I'd say.