All things Tangerine Dream

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hEARt PhoniX, Nov 4, 2020.

1. hEARt PhoniX

hEARt PhoniX living musical polyamory Thread Starter

That's interesting, even though I already own that one plus the bootleg box.
    But the website's link for Pergamon goes to a 404 and at burningshed it's no longer available and I don't see a news item on their site announcing the repress. But no matter what, lucky you, happy listening.
    Esoteric Recordings | Reactive
    Esoteric Recordings | Discography & Shop - T

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  2. Valen2260

Valen2260 Forum Resident

[QUOTE=" at burningshed it's no longer available and I don't see a news item on [/QUOTE]

It's only a temporary delay. The cd is not limited edition, but BS had trouble getting copies in. It should have arrived with them last week, but was delayed till this week.

As it's a brand new reissue, I'm sure they'll be getting more in.

3. Saint Johnny

Saint Johnny Forum Resident

This was my introduction to TD in 1981 when I saw the film.

caravan70, ArpMoog and Roberto899 like this.
  4. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

I need an advice on whether the last Cherry Red release of Sorcerer worth to get or not. I have an early MCA release on CD and wonder if the sonics justify acquiring it.

5. proedros

proedros Forum Resident

their 1982 live recordings , are probably peak TD for me

caravan70, Dingo, Deibu and 2 others like this.
  6. Roberto899

Roberto899 Forum Resident

That's a really good one.

proedros likes this.
  7. Roberto899

The Dominion Show off Purple Twilight is really good.

Deibu, Norco74 and proedros like this.
  8. Deibu

Deibu I Dream of Tangerines

Yes it is. But I prefer the better-sounding and complete Sydney 82 concert from the Official Bootleg Series vol 3.

Regards,
    Dave

proedros and Roberto899 like this.
  9. Deibu

I agree! It exists harmoniously with Logos in the box set.

Regards,
    Dave

Roberto899 likes this.
  10. Deibu

82 was a good year for live TD. Two different tours with two unique set lists with lots of good non-album music in both. Excellent!

Regards,
    Dave

proedros and Roberto899 like this.
  11. Roberto899

That's a really good one too. I like them both.

Deibu likes this.
  12. Roberto899

1983 is pretty good too. Along with 1980. My favorite years of live TD, with 1976 close behind.

proedros likes this.
  13. proedros

proedros Forum Resident

Sydney is fantastic , i only uploaded the Melbourne show cause Sydney is not available at Youtube :)

Roberto899 likes this.
  14. hEARt PhoniX

There is another Melbourne show?! Wow. That's another one I need.
    The intro sounds awesome already.

Roberto899 and proedros like this.
  15. hEARt PhoniX

Whoa! I have just bought the Official Bootleg Vol. 3 for the Sydney show, but it is very different to that Melbournian one. I wish they'd do that one as part of another Official Bootleg, but not sure if more are planned.
    It's magic. I'd love to get that on a better quality than the YT upload, and I'd happily give the band some money for it.
    I think I do prefer Melbourne '82 over Sydney.
    It's amazing how different they are. Though tracklists show they should be similar. I will need to listen more carefully, though that whole era is still music to be explored for me. I am still mesmerised by Hades, so I have not yet really progressed to Pilots, and that Melbourne intro fits into that quite nicely to the Hades box set era, even with some overlap to the pink years sound. Wow. Possibly another example of how much setlists and buildups matter, but that Melbourne '82 show intro just draws me in and does not let go until I'm on a sonic high.

proedros and Deibu like this.
  16. Deibu

There's only one Melbourne 82 show - The one on youtube. While the entire Sydney show was broadcast on the radio, Melbourne had only the second half broadcast. It's practically identical to the second half of Sydney. The Official Bootleg 3 set has the pre-broadcast recording of Sydney so it's not only complete but has near perfect sound quality. Hence why I prefer it over Melbourne.

Regards,
    Dave

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    proedros likes this.
  17. hEARt PhoniX

Awesome!
    Listening right now to Sydney's second half. Oh, wow.
    But as unintentional as it obviously was, Mojave Plan is a great opener. And now it seems to do a great job as a transition piece, dragging me over from one era to the other. Already cued up the album from the Pilots box.
    Wow.
    If it wasn't already Tangerine Dream, Rabbit Hole would have been another very fitting band name.
    Oh, and by "another Melbourn show" I was referring to the final one that's out on CD.
    I love that city, therefore I love concert recordings from there, too.
    (And coincidentally I am not alone thinking that The Beatles' surviving Melbourne show is a true highlight among what we've got from their touring documents.)

proedros and Deibu like this.
  18. Deibu

Ahh yes the Melbourne shows on Supernormal. That's a good one too (though heartbreaking). I assume you've also heard the recording from the Melbourne 1975 show.

I love Thermal Inversion. One of their best live-only songs. Great to have it with excellent sound quality in the Australia 82 recordings.

Regards,
    Dave

19. hEARt PhoniX

Actually no, I haven't heard that one yet. I have already told the story several times, but even though being mightily impressed with the Amiga LP when I was introduced to it in the 90s, it took me until Hades to really become trapped inside their magic. Yes, I did buy Mala Kunia, Supernatural, preordered the book ... but it took until just a few years ago for me to really connect. For whatever reason, I don't know.

20. proedros

proedros Forum Resident

there seem to be some great shows from 1982 (bootlegs)

i seem to have some on my SONY dap , i can share the dates later , if i remember correctly they are all from those ''tangerine tree/leaves'' boot compilations

sohoman is also if i remember correctly part of the sydney 82 show , with some dubs/tweaks and released by the band ?

21. donmac

donmac Forum Resident

Given how hard they are to find anymore, I found a website that has almost all of the Tangerine Tree and Leaves concerts in FLAC format - only appears to be missing the ones that got an official bootleg release. The site seems to have been set up by a fan but the files all work (though have to d/l the tracks one-by-one, which is time-consuming). I'll look up the link if anyone wants it.

proedros likes this.
  22. proedros

proedros Forum Resident

great heads up , i had OB3 in my laptop so i put the full Sydney show on my DAP .

Also added the east berlin january 1980 show from the OB2 boxset, i assume this is also best available version of this specific concert ?

I also added the 2020 Remaster of Pergamon from the Pilots boxset , great studio album and apprently the 2020 version is the one to get.

23. Deibu

Yes, Sohoman is the first set of Sydney with some stuff added on top, no guitar solo and a different ending. OB3 made it verrrrry obsolete. It's been many years since I spun that CD. I listened to the tree version until OB3 came out.

Regards,
    Dave

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    proedros likes this.
  24. Deibu

Yes the best East Berlin 80 recording is on OB2.

Pergamon is not on the Pilots set, as it wasn't originally released in the west until after they left Virgin. Perhaps you mean another album?

Regards,
    Dave

proedros likes this.
  25. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

I don't think you're allowed to post the link in the forums, but if you could shoot me a DM, I'd be much obliged.