All Things TOOL

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Boswell, Jul 12, 2017.

1. DPM

DPM Senior Member

I highly doubt that this will happen. Tool would be competing with themselves if their whole catalogue became available on vinyl at the same time the new album is released. Better for them to hold off on the reissue campaign until the holidays.

2. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

Still can’t see this album coming out at the end of August if there’s been no announcement or preorder as of today. I’m happy to be proven wrong, though.

Lands End Drums likes this.
  3. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

i honestly wouldn't be surprised if they do what Avenged Sevenfold did with their last album or i think i heard about pop artist Beyonce too where their new album just shows up and is in stores one day with no release date announced....

i think we'll just wake up some day in the next 2 or 3 months and baamm.!!....it'll be available out of nowhere!

4. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

de·lu·sion·al
    /dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/

adjective
    1. characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
      "hospitalization for schizophrenia and delusional paranoia"
      • based on or having faulty judgment; mistaken.
        "their delusional belief in the project's merits never wavers"
    2. person or persons who believe anything a member of the band Tool says.

5. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

It would certainly cut down on one more avenue where someone could pirate it and leak it online before release day.

6. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

exactly....kind of why i think what i do about this newest album and it's future release. i don't think it'll just be some normal release pattern of "here's the date, and here's a pre order link"

Chrome_Head likes this.
  7. Chrome_Head

I think the band and their label know they sell physical copies of the albums just fine, especially with whatever trippy art or lenticular gimmick they do on the CD's.

Though given that this is supposed to be a near entirely-analog release, I would sure love to pre-order the record and have it by release day. Not going to happen, though.

MechanicalAnimal6 likes this.
  8. VinylMario

VinylMario The Crow

Tool is gonna break the internet when the new preorder date is revealed. Been getting that feeling like all hell is gonna break loose soon in anticipation of the new album...

9. Yesternow

Yesternow Forum pResident

I would be happy to be able to order the CD. But I know it would also be a disappointment. Man, they've kept it old school for so long... why surrender now?

I'll be more than happy to wait in line again, after so many years, to buy a record. And hopefully there will be some other guys in that line like me: old and old school and fans enough to be there and buy the physical format.

I don't want to share this with people in streaming platforms. We've waited so long we're not sharing sh#t.

10. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Springsteen has crazy fans and that album didn't didn't really leak early.

TOOL will want that #1 album so they need all physical sales/digital/streaming platforms to count.

The past albums on vinyl including debut of 10k and finally getting Aenima back in print will only whip fans into that much more of a frenzy and give them the social media traction that first 2 weeks. Hell, throw Salival in the mix as well.

They could probably get a decent chart placing for 10k with just the vinyl sales timed with the new album. In 1975 Zeppelin had all 6 of their albums on Billboard.

VinylMario and Admerr like this.
  11. VinylMario

VinylMario The Crow

Chrome_Head and drevil like this.
  12. Boswell

Boswell Forum Resident Thread Starter

13. Orthogonian Blues

Orthogonian Blues A man with a fork in a world full of soup.

14. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

A tool is a fan of Tool. Who'da thunk it?

Boswell and Alternative4 like this.
  15. malcolm reynolds

Well so far no one is a fan of the new album.

CrankSomeFrank likes this.
  16. Evethingandnothing

Evethingandnothing Forum Resident

Is it meant to sound like The Police?

17. Alternative4

Alternative4 One of These Days I'll Get an Early Night

[​IMG]

18. VinylMario

VinylMario The Crow

Chrome_Head likes this.
  19. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

The CD by all accounts will have some sort of long term battery in it, which suggest elaborate packaging. Heard much of the delay was due to this battery, and making sure it was safe.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  20. Chrome_Head

So, a bit like Pink Floyd's Pulse?

Damn, now I'll have to buy the CD and possibly the record if they press it.

21. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

By accounts I've read it will be far more elaborate than Pulse, but this is Tool, so who knows what reality is.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  22. malcolm reynolds

If there is a battery in the packaging of the new album it will probably go out before the next Tool album is released.

23. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

I really hope they'll do a vinyl version immediately of the new album. But I doubt it :-D

24. Orthogonian Blues

Orthogonian Blues A man with a fork in a world full of soup.

Seriously, will knowing that Justin Bieber likes Tool in any way spoil your enjoyment of their music?

Hell, Fred Durst has loved then for years. I say 'good' for both of them.

25. craigobau

craigobau Forum Resident

7 weeks until release day and pretty much no information about the album shared.

They are either masters of anticipation building or just f**ing with us now!