All Things TOOL

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Boswell, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Yesternow

Yesternow Forum pResident

All I've listened to since Friday.
    I finally have this feeling that tomorrow I'll be able to move on.

[​IMG]

Really don't know how some people can review an album, like this one, based on a first listen.

There are masterpieces I hated with only few listens. And there are the ones I've praised as genius albums only to find out, some days after, that they are actually average.

The best experience I had with this album was last night when I decided to listen to the "2nd half" only:

Descending 13:37
    Culling Voices 10:05
    Chocolate Chip Trip 4:48
    7empest 15:43

And with that I've concluded several things about:
    Length
    Favorite tracks
    Track Sequence choices

2. Beatnik_Daddyo'73

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 Music Addiction Personified

...I’ve had it in rotation since it came out. It has slowly crept into my subconscious and I tell myself everyday “I can’t wait to play Fear Inoculum”. Then I’ll play some other Tool or the new Zappa Proj/Obj or the latest King Gizzard and again I find myself thinking “ah, I should play Fear Inoculum next”. :laugh: It really just takes you places mentally. I dig it a lot, but yeah, it was definitely a grower.

3. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

Apparently they are selling VIP packages starting tomorrow. Even if they were free, I wouldn’t want one. I don’t know if anyone else is like me, but I would have absolutely nothing whatsoever to say to anyone whose art I like. What do I do, say “I really loved The Grudge” and then stare for 5 minutes? I can’t imagine having anything to say, but lots of people put effort into meeting famous people (including these VIP packages), so someone must be saying something.

Stormrider77 and seasonsinthesky like this.
  4. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

A couple things worth mentioning about Tool, especially given how much time they've spent waiting:

Although they aren't my favorite band (Marillion, Steven Wilson and Pink Floyd are ahead of them, and The Who are basically neck & neck with them for the 4th spot), among the bands I really like, they are probably the least like anyone else - which is to say, they sound the most like themselves, have less crossover with other music, and stand out as perhaps the "best" in some indefinable way beyond just what I happen to enjoy.

Also, although they've released less material than you might expect over this period of time, what they have released is as if they released twice the number of albums, then took a time machine back and eliminated all the songs that fell below the middle of the graph (so to speak), and only released the ones that really sounded just like what they do.

This is just me, but I expect there are a few out there who know what I'm saying.

Calling All Stations likes this.
  5. Admerr

Admerr Forum Resident

They’re actual humans and will engage in conversation about other topics. I met Justin backstage a few years ago and the guy was incredibly personable and was just kicking back after putting in another shift at the office.

6. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

I'm sure they will (well, three of them); it's me that would morph into a silent psychopath during the encounter.

drapes, brownsound2112 and Admerr like this.
  7. Admerr

Admerr Forum Resident

Haha! Apologies. I didn’t take that into consideration. You sound just like my brother and that’s exactly what he did when we met Justin.

8. proedros

proedros Forum Resident

9. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

Any truth to the notion that the secret messages behind these albums are as follows:

Aenima: that the JFK assassination was carried out by the CIA & FBI;

Lateralus: that the violent hidden aftermath of the assassination (cover-ups, "loose thread management") was the result of too many looking too hard for an unapproved narrative;

10,000 Days: that, just as time heals all wounds, time buries all truth, as people stop asking questions once the answers stop mattering to them (the post-JFK world became the only world people knew);

Fear Inoculum: early analysis: something about revelation of the heretofore hidden truth only being possible once people have accepted that it ultimately doesn't matter.

10. Beatnik_Daddyo'73

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 Music Addiction Personified

:D;)

Yesternow likes this.
  11. Hattipper

Hattipper Forum Resident

12. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

very cool to see the band making it available for everyone on their website now.
    hopefully everyone here that couldn't/didn't get one yet will hop over there and order and i hope the shipping prices
    won't be too bad for everyone!

i'm just glad that my area was blessed with getting more than enough and i don't have to worry about getting a copy anymore.
    what a pain in the....this release has been!!

i'm still not fully loving the album, but i am more than willing to bet, that after some time and hearing it more, i'll start enjoying it
    more.

now let's hope for another album within 5 years or less this time !! i don't think they are done...i still think they have anywhere from
    1-3 albums left in them yet.

Billy_Sunday, Djoel and Hattipper like this.
  13. Billy_Sunday

Billy_Sunday ... formerly ThirdBowl

GoodKitty, Hattipper and George P like this.
  14. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

Orders placed before 11:59 PM EST Thursday, September 5th will receive a digital download of the album featuring several bonus tracks. You will receive a separate email with separate instructions on how to redeem your download after purchase. 1 digital download per order.

"several bonus tracks" ... hm do I order another one to see if that really means bonus stuff not otherwise out there?

Probably just the interludes, right...

15. George P

George P Notable Member

Right.

16. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

17. unravelled

unravelled Forum Resident

Anything like ticks and leeches on the new album? Probably my all time favorite.

Gonna give the album a good listen this weekend.

Ps. 1st tool show was in DC on October 1, 2001 They did not play the aforementioned song. They played 14 songs total. 10 from Lateralus and 4 from Aenima so I'm not complaining!! :righton:

Billy_Sunday likes this.
  18. Thank you, thank you very much! The version to be shipped internationally is sold out, so I called a good friend of mine who lives in the US for him to receive it and forward it to me. I'm very happy and again, F-ck the flippers!

Billy_Sunday and Hattipper like this.
  19. pablorkcz

pablorkcz ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

The internationally shipped version won't be available until Friday. (so, not actually "sold out" yet)

Hattipper likes this.
  20. Oh, I thought it was already sold out on preorder. Anyway, my friend will come to visit his parents on October, so I'm saving extra on shipping.

21. Yesternow

Yesternow Forum pResident

Only a couple of hours ago I noticed the EST time reference.
    Need to be cool and wait some more.
    [​IMG]

Hope the shipping price will be... nice.

22. Billy_Sunday

Confirmation email contains download link for wav, flac, or mp3.

Thank You Tool!

The initial rollout seemed a bit botched with the physical pre-order being either "sold out" or "not available" for weeks prior to the release. But they seem to have realized this and are making up for it.

Thank You

Your purchase includes a digital copy of Fear Inoculum. Use the link below to download in your choice of WAV, FLAC, or mp3.

23. I don't know how it was six hours ago, when the international orders were enabled. But right now the non-US package is sold out. I'm even happier to have bought the US version yesterday.

Billy_Sunday and pablorkcz like this.
  24. Billy_Sunday

Anybody remember these CD "Long boxes"?

I still have mine from OPIATE!

[​IMG]

25. GoodKitty

GoodKitty Om

Jan.15 ..... today is Adam Jones' 55th birthday :cheers:

[​IMG] [​IMG]