Almost Famous (2000)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bowie Fett, Aug 13, 2020.

1. AirJordanFan93

AirJordanFan93 Forum Resident

They used that on the Australian DVD though it was a more zoomed-in version of the shot that is on the Japanese blu-ray.

2. Hexwood

Hexwood Forum Resident

I watched the director's cut again a few months back. Even though I've seen it countless times, I still fall in love with it all over again whenever I put it on. It only seems like yesterday that I watched it as a wide-eyed 16-year-old in my bedroom. It opened my ears to a lot of music I had yet to discover. It also introduced me to Frances McDormand (swoon).

vegafleet and Bowie Fett like this.
  3. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident Thread Starter

from The Digital Bits:

“Speaking of Paramount (and DreamWorks), a retail listing for Cameron Crowe’s Almost Famous in UHD came up briefly on Amazon UK before it was taken down, so it seems likely that the title is planned for release in the months ahead. 2020 marks the film’s 20th anniversary, so it makes sense.”

4. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Forum Resident

For me, Kate Hudson has never looked better than her appearance in this film.

Kiko1974 and Chris DeVoe like this.
  5. vegafleet

vegafleet Forum Resident

That and it is arguably her best work as an actress. Me, I am a hopeless sucker for Zooey ❤️ but she does little in this movie.

Galley and Humbuster like this.
  6. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Forum Resident

I saw Kate stand by the stage at a Black Crowes show. She makes me woozy.

7. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident Thread Starter

8. I saw in theatrically at the time and liked - then felt a bit later when someone said " more baby boomer self-mythologizing "!:cry:

9. ABBDutchFan

ABBDutchFan Forum Resident

Saw her too. At the Paradiso in Amsterdam. Soundboard area.

Watched "Almost Famous" yesterday. Still my fave music related movie. The Blues Brothers, The Commitments and This Is Spinal Tap are very strong competition though.

Chris DeVoe, Hagstrom and Duke Fame like this.