Alternatives to PayPal’s Shipstation

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by G E, Oct 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G E

G E Senior Member Thread Starter

I hope this is the right place for this topic.

PayPal has now moved its shipping and postal label creation to the the platform ShipStation.

looks like the minimum fee is $9 monthly.

I’m just an occasional seller/shipper of records and discs. Buying media mail postage and printing is a nice alternative to PO lines.

Anyone using PirateShip or recommend one of the other ones?

I’m located in The States.

thanks in advance for your opinions

g e

superstar19 likes this.
  2. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

I have used PirateShip, and it works. But the last time I looked you don't have to pay anything extra to print labels directly from Paypal. They may be using Shipstation's platform, but there is no monthly fee.

3. G E

Today when I tried to buy postage and print the label via PayPal I was transferred to Shipstation Terms and Conditions page. I looked at the plans and the basic one is $9 a month. There is a 30 day free trial. I did not see a free option for casual users.

I have accounts with FedEx and USPS.

fedex for equipment shipments. Unfortunately direct USPS doesn’t support media Mail purchase.

4. R. Totale

Then I would investigate Pirate Ship.

5. G E

thank you!

6. R. Totale

I just shipped a package with Paypal shipping. They said at the top of the page that Shipstation would be providing shipping, that I would continue to get the same rates and that no action on my part was necessary. I shipped my package, was not shown the terms page you saw, and did not need to buy a subscription.

superstar19 likes this.
  7. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Forum Resident

Same here. Been using Paypal to sell on this forum and Discogs for a while and, while I prefer Paypal's previous shipping service, I purchase postage as needed and the prices are the same as before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.