Amazing SH Forums milestones: What do 100,000 and 25,000,000 have in common?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gary, Feb 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WHMusical

WHMusical Chameleon Comedian Corinthian & Caricature

Congrats SHTV!

Seriously the best thing about the Interweb--and the ONLY the Lonely Place I go on it!

I have a love/hate relationship with this space, cyber and all. I Hate that I love it sooo0000 damned much. So much information about music and so many great posts and posters, with so many music insights, info, clues, and subtle (and KN ot) psychological profiles.

It really is a a very special place--kudos to those who keep it alive and afloat

My problem with it really is my own, though I note many h-ear suffer from the same audio affliction, namely being addicted to this site!!! Sandy Denny wrote "Who Knows Where The Time Goes" and I know WHERE it goes when I'm on here.... away fast. Too fast. Could easily sign on in the morning and skip breaking my fast and my glasses and move on from there, thread to thread, and before I know'd it, BAM, its 4am%pm. Lights OUT!!

Another day done and dusted, and another day "wasted" on the Hoffman Forums. I mean sure, I learnt a lot more about music and shared sum of my knowledge and opinions too, but really, that time mite oft been spent drinking bitters in German Overalls practicing my ANGlow-sized Queen's Impglish Grammar Mask Classes.

So you see, I got this SHTV addictkion bad, and so I make myself a flightless risky self imp posed exile after thirty daze in this hole assuming eye newt the right pebble to write to anyhow.

Yesah, a great place to fart about in cyber space to talk all about the music you love and the times gone by...

Someday, I'll maybe mosey on by some motivational musick group about mindfulness an moderation and mid tempo rockers.

PtSd: I been here 4 months, 2 months, on 2 months off.... such is the scale of my Hoffman SAddiction...

Sew Carry On My Wayward Sons, They'll Eat Swirled Peas When You Art Done.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    HorseyAnn likes this.
  2. stingraex2000

stingraex2000 Forum Resident

That really is quite a milestone, And tons and tons of useful info passed around amidst all those posts.

HorseyAnn likes this.
  3. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

A heartfelt thank you to the Proprietor and The Staff of this excellent "Way Station of Life"
    for all that you do, as well as to all of the Humble Members who have made the Forums as
    great and entertaining as they have been thus far!

♫ Please allow me to introduce myself ♫

[​IMG]

"Naugha" - c. 1960s.

From smithsonian magazine dot calm: How the Nauga and its Fictional Friends Helped Make Synthetic Fabric Cuddly.

HorseyAnn likes this.
  4. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

Genesis of Nauga - I just Googled this, and will admit I once thought it was entirely a man-made material (sort of like nylon is)

"The Nauga, a colorful, horned, happy-looking creature native to the island of Sumatra, was once hunted to near-extinction. They were hunted for sport, but more often for their smooth and durable leather-like hide – Naugahyde, as it's generally known."

But when I Google for an image of the Nauga animal. didn't get anything but images resembling the Forum's favorite critter :(

So, is the Nauga more like a Unicorn?

HorseyAnn likes this.
  5. HorseyAnn

HorseyAnn Equine-loving, rhyme-artist

I 2nd your thank yous to the staff.

Thank you very much for the information.

Ha! So that's what that Teddy Bear like creature in the emoji is?

Thank you very much for the information.

kendo likes this.
  6. HorseyAnn

No, definitely not. The Unicorn is cuter to me as my favourite animal is the horse & a unicorn is a horse with a horn on. My favourite mythological creatures are unicorns, Pegasus & Sleipnir. Pegasus is the flying horse & Sleipnir is the 8-legged horse of Odin's. Unicorns are from Scottish mythology, Pegasus is from Greek mythology & Sleipnir from Norse mythology obviously.

Sean, WHMusical and John B Good like this.
  7. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

I'm a bit keen on Satyrs, Silkies, etc, myself.

HorseyAnn likes this.
  8. HorseyAnn

You know I'm equine-crazy. That influences what I like. I forgot to mention I like centaurs too.

9. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

[​IMG]

Sean, tootull and Gary like this.
  10. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

I’m old enough to remember the print advertising campaign that was done for the “rollout” of this wonderful new product.

HorseyAnn likes this.
  11. kendo

kendo Forum Resident

Never knew about the "Nauga" creature but Zappa references naugahyde a couple of times and I used to have a pair of Goodmans speakers with a sort of naugahyde covering. :)

12. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

Alternate version
    [​IMG]

13. No Static

No Static Gain Rider

And Ringling Bros. Circus never had a Nauga.

HorseyAnn likes this.
  14. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

A lot of it's rubbish, y'know. /viv stanshall :angel: :D

15. tootull

tootull Looking through a glass onion

16. Chief

Chief Over 12,000 Served

My favorite memory, experience, discovery, etc....

“Wondertapes”

If you know, you know...

Grant likes this.
  17. edenofflowers

Every damn page! It was a really fun time around then.

qtrules likes this.
  18. edenofflowers

Yeah, that's just what they WANT you to think! :pug: :D

tootull likes this.
  19. Schmeig

Schmeig Forum Resident

I laughed so much at that thread my side hurts!

Gary likes this.
  20. breakingglass

breakingglass Forum Resident

I'm here most days and have learned a lot and am grateful for this resource and community.

One wish is that there was a forum category for sound quality. I know that's what Music Corner started as, but very few of the threads there are about sound quality. I would welcome a category dedicated to sound quality / best pressings.

HorseyAnn likes this.
  21. jmadad

jmadad Forum Resident

that joke would kill in the Grateful Thread

ARK, George P and dsdu like this.
  22. jeddy

jeddy Forum Resident

I'm on this site everyday!
    I've learned sooooo much being here
    ......like how opinionated I am !
    LOL

ARK, Grant and HorseyAnn like this.
  23. jeddy

jeddy Forum Resident

The most mis-understood people
    on the coolest website ever!

24. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Learned who Steve Hoffman is, and his contribution to the Music Industry(although apparently some Music Artists do not care about how their Music actually sounds). Anyways, if a fire and I can only grab a few CDs, the 4 Doors DCC CDs would be among the first ones I save.

Learned that this place is not good for my Bank Account and Music Budget, and that is just on Music, as still need to complete my Components/System, which will need to wait until one more surgery to try and fix pain from damaged nerves.

Also, learned that I package CDs I sell here, better than Amazon and ImportCDs in most cases. I learned about Grading and do my Best when grading my own Used CDs, using a Bright Light Source to identify any marks or scratches not visible under regular room lighting.

Learned about Good Mastering and although not related, DR Average and the Start of the Loudness Wars around 1994/1995, which was the same time period of my Favorite Years(1994-1997) for New Albums based on my CD Collection:realmad:.

Learned about Early CD Versions of Albums and Pre-Emphasis on some of them.

Learned about Pressing Plants(The Good, The Bad and The Ugly).

Learned that if I had a question, that several members here are glad to take the time to reply to my PMs.

Oh, and I discovered this Great Psychedelic-Rock Song from a Prior Post by another Member soon after I joined this Forum:

HorseyAnn likes this.
  25. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Gary and HorseyAnn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.