Amazon AU price watch thread...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jimmy Agates, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Big Swifty

Big Swifty Forum Resident

Frightwig likes this.
  2. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

3. galactica1971

galactica1971 Forum Resident

This thread is going to be the death of me. My order list in amazon is looking like a list of all the "smiths" in the phone book.

For those of you who remember what phone books were.

4. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR Thread Starter

My postman is getting well sick of delivering this stuff I'm sure!!!!

galactica1971 and Big Swifty like this.
  5. Big Swifty

I need a second job.

6. galactica1971

One thing I will say, is Amazon really do need to learn how to be a bit more efficient with their packaging.... 3 LP's came in 3 different boxes (on the same day), and each box looked like you could put a cupboard in it.

Records were perfectly fine, but what a waste of valuable plane cargo hold space.

HP (Hewlett Packard) aren't far behind. I ordered in a cache battery for a server (think AA battery cell size), and it came in a box you could sit inside.

croquetlawns, Easy-E and Jimmy Agates like this.
  7. Aussie pressing

Aussie pressing Forum Resident

I'm fairly certain Amazon send stuff out from different places. I ordered two of the same item, and they came separately, but packaged with other orders. Strange.
    I agree about the excessive packaging. I often get two LPs sent in a large box, with enough air pillow filler to sleep on.

8. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

I tip mine every xmas

Big Swifty and Jimmy Agates like this.
  9. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

There are warehouses in Sydney and Melbourne. Melbourne have taken to tucking the lps under one of the bottom flaps with tons of pillows on top. Sydney is much less predictable and, if I’m going to get damaged lps - it’s usually from there.

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  10. Jimmy Agates

Frightwig likes this.
  11. galactica1971

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  12. Jimmy Agates

An epic cover to match the epic tunes!

13. Jimmy Agates

14. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

Big Swifty and Frightwig like this.
  15. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

16. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

You mean you have another job other than searching Amazon already???

17. Aussie pressing

18. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Frightwig likes this.
  19. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

The Creation - CREATION THEORY -BOX SET

This one has been on my list for a while and has dropped $49.58 to $78.42

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B07BYWVM72/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=ANEGB3WVEVKZB&psc=1

"Limited four vinyl LP pressing. Alan McGee was such a big fan of The Creation that he named his record label after the band, and named his own band after one of their songs - Biff Bang Pow. The Creation was formed in 1966 from beat combo The Mark Four, and was quickly signed to a production deal with Shel Talmy, The Who's producer. The first release was the urgent "Making Time", which featured guitarist Eddie Phillips playing his guitar with a violin bow, two years before Jimmy Page started doing so. Whilst very popular in Germany, UK success largely eluded the band, and after a number of non-charting singles and line-up changes (including Ron Wood), the band broke up in 1968 without ever having released an album in the UK. Bizarrely, Boney M had a huge hit in 1979 with the band's composition "Painter Man". This box set has been designed by Phil Smee and the album sleeves feature photos from his collection. The four LPs include all of The Creation's legendary recordings for Shel Talmy (the 2016 stereo mixes appear on LP for the first time), We Are Paintermen replicating the 1966 German LP, the only Creation album released anywhere in the '60s. How Does It Feel To Feel rounds up the remainder of the '60s recordings, and the 1987 album Psychedelic Rose and the 1996 Creation Records album Power Surge complete the set."

20. siveld

siveld Forum Resident

Just a head's up; it is my understanding that the surround mix of this album only in the deluxe series is an upmix, not a genuine surround mix. All the other extras make it worthwhile though.

Big Swifty likes this.
  21. Aussie pressing

I have a lot of those CD/DVD reissues and they are great.
    I just looked through my collection and realised I haven't got Your Funeral, Kicking and Nocturama.
    Time to plug some holes in collection.

Big Swifty likes this.
  22. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Aussie pressing likes this.
  23. Big Swifty

Bonddm and Aussie pressing like this.
  24. Aussie pressing

25. Big Swifty