Amazon AU price watch thread...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jimmy Agates, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Aussie pressing

Aussie pressing Forum Resident

2. Aussie pressing

3. Aussie pressing

4. Aussie pressing

5. Aussie pressing

6. Aussie pressing

7. Aussie pressing

8. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

9. April Snow

April Snow Forum Resident

Why? What happened? I have put my pre-orders in, the price is the same on JB HiFi etc. I have pre-ordered this CD box set, TRC vinyl & ONA piano vinyl................

ispace likes this.
  10. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

Big Swifty likes this.
  11. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

Amazon has a very spotty record when it comes to pre-orders (they even deleted the 'preorder' category from their site and rolled some pre-orders into their 'new release' category) - principally because it does not hold accounts with a majority of the local major labels. Almost invariably and frustratingly, preorders would be unavailable on release day and delayed by months while titles are sourced from overseas suppliers. In the case of Prince, and other Sony titles, you should be okay as Sony apparently still supplies Amazon on release day (the latest Bruce Springsteen reissue titles are an example). However, because Amazon is not usually cheaper on Sony titles, it may be wise to source from JB or your local record store because that way, you won't be exposed to Amazon's poor packaging and potential damage in transit. I'd only support Amazon if they're massively cheaper than my local suppliers.

12. Big Swifty

Big Swifty Forum Resident

Frightwig and siveld like this.
  13. Idjit Dragon

Idjit Dragon Forum Resident

14. Big Swifty

That was a good day.

Frightwig, Jimmy Agates and Bonddm like this.
  15. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

:agree: :righton:

Frightwig likes this.
  16. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

The last two pre-orders I tried - Pink Floyd and something else last year I can't remember - release date came and went without the order being shipped, so I had to contact them to find that they didn't get stock. Both times they eventually conceded it was best to cancel the order, but one of them I'd ordered other items and they shipped them early to make up for not getting the pre-order in, but then charged me for postage as the portion of the order they posted was less than $39! They eventually refunded me for the postage, but that was after yet more time using the online chat function - I like having it available but for a while I seemed to be needing to use it almost daily. Unless it's super cheap (and they often are) I think I'd rather use JBs (especially if I'm prepared to wait for a 20% off day) or my local independent.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  17. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

Strangely, I don't think they've ever stocked the 1999 SDE, which I would have thought would sell much better than ONA.

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  18. Big Swifty

19. Big Swifty

20. Big Swifty

21. Big Swifty

22. Big Swifty

siveld likes this.