Amazon AU price watch thread...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jimmy Agates, Sep 20, 2018.

1. ispace

ispace Senior Member

Well done to those who got in early. It’s often a gamble to pre-order; sometimes it gets cheaper after release, sometimes it doesn’t.

Is Amazon AU now the next best option for Aussies?

Frightwig and Jimmy Agates like this.
  2. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

Yes - the only local options I'm aware of are Amazon and JBs, and Amazon is significantly cheaper. It might also be available at wowhd.com.au.

ispace likes this.
  3. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR Thread Starter

4. ispace

ispace Senior Member

I can't see it at wowhd.com.au, and I just noticed that Deepdiscount also show shipping as "Unavailable (Too Heavy)". This is not good news for competition!!

JPC.de total would be EUR 139, so about A$227. I've had very good experience with them pre-pandemic, but I think I'll stick with Amazon AU at $238.

5. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

Amazon AU should be quicker. I've never used JPC but I've heard that they pack things really well.

ispace likes this.
  6. Jimmy Agates

Of course that is dependent on if it goes straight to being unavailable on release date which does seem to happen quite a bit with AmazonAU.....

croquetlawns, Big Swifty and ispace like this.
  7. ispace

ispace Senior Member

True! I've cancelled at least two CDs recently; after getting tired of waiting I ordered & received eBay orders from the UK in the meantime.

Jimmy Agates and croquetlawns like this.
  8. ispace

ispace Senior Member

Yes they do! They packed my Tangerine Dream boxset, which comes in its own strong cardboard box, inside another box full of styrofoam peanuts!

9. jɑmbo

jɑmbo Forum Resident

croquetlawns likes this.
  10. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

ImportCDs, Deep Discount, Popmarket, and WowHD are all the same company so I doubt any of those will ship though I'm always up for the challenge. I expect (and hope) that once it's released, the Amazons US and UK pricing will show up. Incidentally, with an inventory of over 22,000 LPs, Amazon UK is now the largest stockist of music on Amazon AU :).

ispace, croquetlawns and candyflip69 like this.
  11. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

I use JPC.DE often and their packaging is good but very slow to arrive, even when planes were flying. They take off their sales tax but don't add any GST so that sometimes covers the postage costs and soothes the wait times.

ispace and croquetlawns like this.
  12. Big Swifty

Big Swifty Forum Resident

Bonddm and croquetlawns like this.
  13. Big Swifty

14. Big Swifty

Bonddm and jɑmbo like this.
  15. jɑmbo

jɑmbo Forum Resident

My Mozart Complete Edition finally shipped from Amazon after 11 days.

Oddly enough, even though the seller was listed as Amazon UK, the DHL shipping shows it coming from Poland and lists the sender as "Amazon EU Germany Branch."

croquetlawns likes this.
  16. MichaelCPE

MichaelCPE Forum Resident

I recently had a 'sold by Amazon UK' order (of a box set of movies on blu ray) ship from Poland.

But perhaps not so strange as in the good old days - when we could order from any Amazon in the world and not pay GST - I remember some of my UK orders shipping from Europe.

17. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

My Amazon UK copy of the Pretenders latest album, ordered from Amazon came by DHL from Barcelona, via Amsterdam and was here in 4 days. I can't get an order from Amazon in Dandenong that fast.

ispace, MichaelCPE, jɑmbo and 2 others like this.
  18. siveld

siveld Forum Resident

Sssshh, Scotty doesn't know :)

Bonddm, ispace, Frightwig and 3 others like this.
  19. Big Swifty

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  20. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

Or they don’t sell $75k worth to Australia per tax year so don’t have to worry about gst!

ispace, croquetlawns and Jimmy Agates like this.
  21. ispace

ispace Senior Member

One of my Amazon UK orders has been deemed “lost” by Australia Post & refunded. Hope this doesn’t happen too often.

MichaelCPE and croquetlawns like this.
  22. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Every property Australia Post owns is full of undelivered parcels. You'll probably get it in a week or two.

ispace and croquetlawns like this.
  23. Cousin It

Cousin It Senior Member

Bonddm and siveld like this.
  24. Jimmy Agates

25. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

croquetlawns and scobb like this.