Amazon AU price watch thread...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jimmy Agates, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

Oh no - that's heartbreaking. I think they give you an AU address now you can return it to.

westcj, croquetlawns and ispace like this.
  2. Eskimo Chain

Eskimo Chain Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed....

I hate that! I received the Sgt Peppers Cd box set from Aussie Amazon the same way, I guess they figure because it's already in a box, you can get a single LP in a large box but some Amazon deliveries but sometimes they don't put box sets in boxes, risk you take

croquetlawns and ispace like this.
  3. PdB73

PdB73 Forum Resident

They are weird. I received one vinyl record in a box that could comfortably fit a couple of DVD players....and still would a lot of width to spare! I was like...WTF have I bought from Amazon that is so big. And hello....one vinyl.

4. sleeptalker

sleeptalker Forum Resident

That has happened numerous times to me, Single Vinyl Album in a large box with scrunched-up Brown Paper for padding, and yet Box Sets arrive in padded bags.

croquetlawns and PdB73 like this.
  5. van1

van1 Forum Resident

Recent shipments from amazon.com via .au have been coming in what I'd describe as 'brown paper envelopes' which aren't even padded or bubble wrapped. Blu rays in cases survived the trip but not book style Marillion and jethro Tull deluxe sets which got plenty of dings and were sent back

croquetlawns likes this.
  6. ispace

ispace Senior Member

Thanks guys. My Let It Be SDE is going back. I’ll try again via Amazon US as they have the best price at the moment & I’ll cross my fingers it survives undamaged. I am unsure if Amazon UK would double box anyway. If it fails again I’ll probably go to JPC.de who I know double box.

croquetlawns likes this.
  7. ispace

ispace Senior Member

Yes I can drop it off at my local newsagent for free, which is a Parcelpoint agent.

8. Aussie pressing

Aussie pressing Forum Resident

That's terrible. Happens to me all the time. Items are shipped in boxes that don't make sense to be shipped in and vice versa.
    Push the online support people to reorder the item for you with a return-less replacement or if you can live with the dents a return-less refund.

croquetlawns and ispace like this.
  9. Box Set

Box Set Living In The Material World

If this is a vinyl box you might want to wait till you get a replacement before returning. I received a defective copy of Let It Be in two different boxes. Taking a breather before I go in again.

ispace likes this.
  10. ispace

ispace Senior Member

Sorry to hear that! What was wrong? No mine is the CD Super Deluxe Edition, but I will keep it until I get a replacement.

11. ispace

ispace Senior Member

I see this as Amazon’s risk. They have to eat shipping costs in both directions & receive back a damaged product. But it’s peanuts to Amazon, compared to the global savings of consistently using cheap/lightweight packaging. And it’s really frustrating to us customers.

westcj and croquetlawns like this.
  12. Box Set

Box Set Living In The Material World

A scratch/imperfection in the same spot (I Me Mine) on both copies of Let It Be. It looked like little pockmarks and produced a number of loud clicks.
    Amazon AU also sent the vinyl boxes out without the manufacturer's box, so just floating around in a box big enough for a turntable with a bit of scrunched-up paper.

westcj, croquetlawns and ispace like this.
  13. Eskimo Chain

Sigma6, sleeptalker, ispace and 2 others like this.
  14. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

I got two blu-ray sets from Amazon US today in the dreaded brown paper envelope as well - luckily they survived. I'm not sure I'll trust them again with a CD box set.

ispace, van1, westcj and 1 other person like this.
  15. westcj

westcj I'm like a wombat on the rampage

Not sure who is slower these days, Amazon Australia or Australia Post. Order placed 13 October, ordered shipped 19 October from Dandenong and has been sitting in Sunshine since then.

Taken nearly two weeks to travel 50 km

AFCAD and croquetlawns like this.
  16. westcj

I have one you can have, contact me through Conversations

Box Set likes this.
  17. croquetlawns

18. Big Swifty

Big Swifty Forum Resident

19. croquetlawns

You must have got one of the few they planned on getting as it's no longer available direct from Amazon Au, just a 3rd party seller. I thought the point of pre-orders was to accept them all and use the number to help determine how much stock to get in?

ispace likes this.
  20. AFCAD

AFCAD Forum Resident

I have two packages that have been hiding in Sydney since 17 October, have not moved. They don't seem to be in any hurry at all to get to Melbourne!

Jimmy Agates and westcj like this.
  21. ispace

ispace Senior Member

Agreed! I don’t think anyone knows how Amazon AU’s system works, not even themselves.

AFCAD, Frightwig, westcj and 2 others like this.
  22. westcj

croquetlawns likes this.
  23. Eskimo Chain

PANIC - CARAVAN PALACE 2XLP

$20 Aussie stock double album on 180g vinyl, possibly white vinyl as well? just checked on discogs and white vinyl copies have sold for up to $450! Worth a punt, these guys are French and a little mad, their influences and sound ranges from Jazz to Daft Punk, good value at this price.

https://www.amazon.com.au/PANIC-WHITE-VINYL-CARAVAN-PALACE/dp/B01N6W70HF

24. ispace

ispace Senior Member

I just received a survey invitation from Amazon AU. Excellent, I thought, my chance to give them my thoughts about their poor packaging & unreliable stock.

Sadly, it was a survey just about their Subscribe & Save feature. Yes like many others I subscribed, saved and then cancelled when I realised the prices swung all over the place & you got whatever price it was the day it was dispatched. Their survey focused on reasons for cancellation, so I think they are seeing the problem.

On the bright side, I got a $10 voucher for my time.

25. Wadeal

Wadeal Well-Known Member

I have had the same record sent 3 times now from Amazon US via AU and each time comes in just a plastic unpadded envelope nothing else. Each time comes destroyed and warped. I live 4 hours from the closes "parcel point" for return so they credit back, so far have been refunded, refunded plus the records cost again, refunded plus $100 voucher. It is beyond unfathomable how no actual person is involved in this process to resolve. You speak to farmed out "support", nothing ever goes to any person working in Australia let alone back to the warehouses where this keeps occurring in the US. No one cares.

I have spoken to some heads of Amazon "channels" in AU and brought this up and off hand it is basically no one here in Australia is anything except a warehouse worker or sales manager. No one is paid to care.