Amazon AU price watch thread...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jimmy Agates, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Eskimo Chain

Eskimo Chain Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed....

I have not ordered from JPC but I have had stuff go through Frankfurt and it can take forever I am sorry to say. I ordered the MoFi copy of American Beauty through discogs and it sat there for two and a half months at the start of this year! When it finally arrived it was fine so thankfully hadn't been sitting outside. I have something else there at the moment, for some reason Frankfurt is really SLOW...

westcj, ispace and croquetlawns like this.
  2. MichaelCPE

MichaelCPE Forum Resident

Thanks for replying.

I usually just thank a person who replies to a post of mine with a 'like', but given your answer I couldn't click 'like' as now I know I may have to wait many more days, weeks, , or even months :cry::cry::cry:.

westcj and croquetlawns like this.
  3. Box Set

Box Set Living In The Material World

4. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

Not this year, but last year a box set took 3 months to get to me from JPC. Luckily their good packaging makes up for the wait!

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  5. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

My cd will be in Rocking Horse next week for about $15 and featured on 4ZZZ Shoegrazzze Radio on Thursday - Bargain! Tinaandthehams.bandcamp.com

westcj, Easy-E, Bonddm and 3 others like this.
  6. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

Yes, seems like its goes on weight or something like they're filling a crate or container of some sort and when its full they then send it via air. Ive had things sit in Frankfurt, NY, Chicago etc for weeks - 6 weeks was last time for Frankfurt, 5 weeks in Chicago, 5 weeks at JKF in NY

OTH getting stuff from America nowadays with USPS, as they only have the expensive way, lakes 5 days

MichaelCPE and croquetlawns like this.
  7. Glam77

Glam77 Forum Resident

Similar to others, I’ve had a couple of orders from various retailers sit in Frankfurt for a couple of months. I just assumed they just have been using some discounted DhL service .

croquetlawns, Easy-E and MichaelCPE like this.
  8. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Anyone else think this free international Prime postage via the global store is a bit of a rort?
    I’m convinced they add postage to the price when they do the conversion to AUD.
    I’ve looked up numerous items in the US and done my own conversions, remembering to add GST and they always come in way lower than the price on the Aussie Amazon.

Here’s a random example below. $8.99 on the US store and $22.51 on the Aussie store.
    After adding GST, my conversion of $9.89 US comes to $13.69 AUD!

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B09GZH83S2/ref=cbw_us_au_dp_ags?smid=A4XRJ8S0WXSO0

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
  9. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

You’re probably right, that’s a bigger difference than I usually see. They do charge a currency conversion but that’s not enough to make up the difference.

croquetlawns and Bonddm like this.
  10. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

I just did a random conversion of a music title on the US store, compared it to the price on the Aussie store (via US global store) and there didn’t appear to be a mark up.
    The local price was just a fraction higher than my conversion.
    Making me think it may only be an issue with Blu/DVD for some reason.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
  11. croquetlawns

It seems to vary - I remember a big classical CD box set recently that someone posted about being really cheap on Amazon UK, but when I looked at it via Amazon au it was about 30% more expensive, despite still coming from Amazon UK.

Bonddm likes this.
  12. Big Swifty

Big Swifty Forum Resident

Easy-E and siveld like this.
  13. Big Swifty

GregorSamsa and croquetlawns like this.
  14. attfiecz

attfiecz Forum Resident

This dropped a touch below this price in January 2020, is under 21 minutes, and is currently out of stock.
    But the gods of good taste would not forgive me if I didn't flag it here.

Pixies - Come On Pilgrim (mini lp) $22.99
    https://www.amazon.com.au/Come-Pilgrim-Pixies/dp/B0002ONALK/

This record is extraordinary.

15. ism

ism Forum Resident

Not a lot of classical in my stash, but I had to grab this. Thanks!!!

croquetlawns and Big Swifty like this.
  16. Big Swifty

scobb and Bonddm like this.
  17. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

18. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

19. Aussie pressing

Aussie pressing Forum Resident

Big Swifty likes this.
  20. croquetlawns

This stuff is really early, so it won't sound like Mozart or Beethoven etc - hopefully it won't put you off classical music!

ism likes this.
  21. westcj

westcj I'm like a wombat on the rampage

22. Big Swifty

23. westcj

You are a very brave person ism!

ism likes this.
  24. westcj

I've been buying stuff on eBay the last few weeks - prices are becoming more reasonable, some sellers are finally beginning to realize that they cannot ask $15-20 plus postage for a stock- standard second hand CD

Mylene, croquetlawns and Bonddm like this.
  25. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR Thread Starter

Yes I have and in fact that is usually the last update you get until you get another saying it's in Australia Posts hands, So don't panic it will be coming soon :)

croquetlawns and MichaelCPE like this.