Amazon AU price watch thread...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jimmy Agates, Sep 20, 2018.

1. PdB73

PdB73 Forum Resident

My first order with them shipped 16/5/22 and arrived in Perth yesterday. I didn't check the tracking though - so no idea in regards to that.

MichaelCPE likes this.
  2. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

croquetlawns, Sigma6, ispace and 2 others like this.
  3. PdB73

PdB73 Forum Resident

4. Candyflip Records

Candyflip Records vinyl lover

This one is probably the most persistent I've ever seen.
    I get an email at least every other week I think from the Camels letting me know "it's happening...again". :winkgrin:

PdB73 likes this.
  5. westcj

westcj I'm like a wombat on the rampage

Products – Lou Reed Archive

This is a perfect example of how record companies exploit fans. A six track of pre Velvets demo material has been discovered in the Lou Reed archives. For a lazy $US 80+ postage you can own a double 45 LP, CD and 7 inch 45 of the demo tracks - limited edition of only 7,500!

Also comes in an eight track format if you feel so inclined! T- shirts, coloured vinyl, turntable mats, you name it - all are available to the gullible punter

6. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

The CD's US$15. The only people who are being exploited are the one's who want to be.

scobb and ispace like this.
  7. westcj

I would love to see the deluxe set on Amazon for $20 in a year's time because only 1,000 were sold and the record company had to offload the rest of the stock - but that is unlikely to happen!

You are correct - music buyers dictate what they want and clearly the record company believes there is demand for the product. The label - Light In the Attic - has reissued some great stuff, but they lost me with their Nancy Sinatra repackaging last year - same stuff, just in different colours!

8. Aussie pressing

Aussie pressing Forum Resident

I do agree about exploiting music fans.
    Not that I'm making excuses or will be buying it but it is pressed at RTI and jacket made at Stoughton printing, so there are some positives.
    You get 17 tracks in total, so not that bad for what you pay for.

It's the first in the archival series, so we can assume more are to come.

westcj likes this.
  9. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

It's pretty good!!!

croquetlawns, westcj and MichaelCPE like this.
  10. Big Swifty

Big Swifty Forum Resident

11. Big Swifty

Easy-E, Frightwig, westcj and 2 others like this.
  12. Big Swifty

13. Big Swifty

14. westcj

Easy-E, croquetlawns, PdB73 and 6 others like this.
  15. westcj

Many thanks Big Swifty, just snaffled this one, have a couple in this series and they are great!

Big Swifty likes this.
  16. westcj

17. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

I like the fact that there are 4LP/3CD set options available containing just the extra tracks, so they’re not forcing people to buy the original albums again in order to get hold of the rare stuff.

18. westcj

Good point - wish the record company had done that with the Go-between's box sets

GregorSamsa and Bonddm like this.
  19. PdB73

PdB73 Forum Resident

AUD$520 ish via the USA store. I’ve put a pre-order in whilst I wait to see prices locally. I’ve been waiting for the set ever since it was mentioned it was coming a few years ago. I knew it would be expensive…but as I only have Blondie’s first 6 albums on CD, great way to get them all on vinyl.

20. westcj

Finally weakened and bought the Bob Mould Distortions 24 CD Box set from Aust. Amazon Warehouse for $66. It was used - '' Moderate cosmetic damage on cover art''.

Will be interesting to see what how bad the damage is. I have bought a few used items from Amazon and they have all been very close to mint, with minimal damage.

21. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR Thread Starter

When you refer to the Amazon Warehouse is that the items under Amazon outlet???

OK it appears Amazon outlet stuff comes up in the normal search so how do I access the Warehouse area???

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
  22. Box Set

Box Set Living In The Material World

Yeah, I'll be interested to see how you go. I've heard there's a fair bit of distortion on that set.

westcj likes this.
  23. Box Set

Box Set Living In The Material World

Amazon.com.au: Amazon Warehouse Deals

24. westcj

Or go to the Search bar at the top of the Amazon site - click on All and Amazon Warehouse is the the fifth title on the drop down list

Jimmy Agates, croquetlawns and Mylene like this.
  25. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

Was looking at The Cranberries Something Else CD on Amazon UK via Amazon Au and was shocked to see that they're asking $23.14 for postage! For the record, this is a single CD that I think comes in a digital-pak.

westcj likes this.