Amazon AU price watch thread...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jimmy Agates, Sep 20, 2018.

1. westcj

westcj I'm like a wombat on the rampage

Non Amazon news - I was in Echuca on the weekend for their Winter Blues festival and there is a very good record shop called Vintage Vinyl with very reasonably priced stock

tumbledweeb, siveld, imarcq and 3 others like this.
  2. Big Swifty

Big Swifty Forum Resident

My faith in MOFI has been shattered. No more MOFI vinyl for me.

POLL: Mobile Fidelity has been cutting vinyl from digital since a long, long time ago...

croquetlawns, siveld, Bulsara and 2 others like this.
  3. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

westcj likes this.
  4. PdB73

PdB73 Forum Resident

Yeah... i appreciate everyone has there own take on that scandal. It doesn't bother me personally as I never assumed or cared whether they were AAA releases and I don't feel betrayed by any omissions they made. I just like their releases as usually they sound great.

But yeah.....what a **** show that has been. Will be interesting to see whether it will impact their business going forward.

Bulsara and Candyflip Records like this.
  5. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

Bulsara, Easy-E and Big Swifty like this.
  6. Candyflip Records

Candyflip Records vinyl lover

MOFI has always been a crap shoot (Stones 'Sticky Fingers', to name but one) - a bit like modern vinyl pressings! :winkgrin:

imarcq, westcj and Big Swifty like this.
  7. Big Swifty

Buy a record cleaning system and buy your vinyl at second hand record shops and record fairs. Cheaper, better sounding records plus you get the thrill of the hunt. You'll never need MOFI again.

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B002UKSZUU/

8. PdB73

PdB73 Forum Resident

I agree that OG albums can sound awesome.... Big Pig's Bonk is one of my favourites in regards to OG sound quality. And yes....I have one of those washers and it makes a lot of difference. Amazing how some noisy vinyl can become quiet after a wet wash. I washed a pile of 7" singles last week - I was shocked as stunning those singles can sound - and quiet.

sleeptalker, westcj and Big Swifty like this.
  9. Munger74

Munger74 Forum Resident

Yes that Big Pig is amazing! Scored that recently for $15. Great booklet included with it too. I canceled all the 10 One Steps I had on order. I have Yes Fragile and the first 2 Eagles as One Steps and they are great. However if you can find near mint copies of the same titles you can save a lot and spend that money elsewhere on your system or more used records.

siveld, PdB73 and Big Swifty like this.
  10. Bulsara

Bulsara His Majesty

This is a great price for Discrepancy - although I used to get new 2*45RPM from Audiophile Reference Recordings | Home Page for $120 as standard - although I see that even they now have Alan Parsons and Young Rascals at $145.

PdB73 and croquetlawns like this.
  11. PdB73

PdB73 Forum Resident

Yeah - the cost for Audiophile releases is getting crazy. And the Amazon bargains are reducing as well. Mind you - I have more music than I am ever going to listen to. But that is the madness of being a collector : )

12. Bulsara

Bulsara His Majesty

Yep! Just picked up Al Stewart's Year of the Cat - 1981 Mofi - AAA (I think!) - great release and wonderful album.

Simon A and PdB73 like this.
  13. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

croquetlawns and Box Set like this.
  14. Eskimo Chain

Eskimo Chain Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed....

PRINCE - COMING TO AMERICA 2XLP

$30 From US Amazon but free shipping retail seems to be $65+

https://www.amazon.com.au/Welcome-2-America-2Lp-PRINCE/dp/B091F77WQ4

Have to agree about MoFi it has shaken my confidence in them, I have quite a few of their releases and for the vast majority they sound incredible! The Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane and Beck to name a few. They would have been so much better off revealing they used a digital source initially because for the most part they are considerably better than recent reissues. The recent David Crosby for example, the 50th which was apparently AAA and mastered by Chris Bellman does not sound as good as the MoFi. Disappointed they were not honest but it augers well for what is possible with digital mastering.

Bulsara, Big Swifty and croquetlawns like this.
  15. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

JB ‘s recently upped their price on it to $165.
    Amazon were originally price matching JB’s.

Springtime In New York: The Bootleg Series, Vol. 16 (1980-1985) (Deluxe Edition)

Mylene and croquetlawns like this.
  16. Box Set

Box Set Living In The Material World

17. Big Swifty

PdB73 likes this.
  18. Big Swifty

Aussie pressing likes this.
  19. Big Swifty

Easy-E and Mylene like this.
  20. Big Swifty

Easy-E, croquetlawns and Frightwig like this.
  21. Big Swifty

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  22. Big Swifty

Bonddm likes this.
  23. Big Swifty

Ruffcat and croquetlawns like this.
  24. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

25. Big Swifty

57 hours and 45 minutes of music.

That's two days and 9 hours of non-stop listening.

croquetlawns likes this.