Amazon AU price watch thread...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jimmy Agates, Sep 20, 2018.

1. ispace

ispace Senior Member

I am constantly amazed by how logistically incompetent Amazon AU are. I ordered an SACD 6 weeks ago. It was in stock at Amazon US & UK, but not AU. I’m a patient guy, so for a $9 saving I was happy to wait. Four weeks later it was still listed at AU, still in stock at US & UK, but had not shipped so I enquired. It’s being shipped imminently, they assured me. Two more weeks, still no sign, still listed at AU & still in stock at US & UK. So the chat person suggested I cancel my AU order, place a new order with US & they’ll refund the difference.

This is not the first time this has happened. Many times orders become “stuck” & have to be cancelled. What I don’t understand is that Amazon are arguably the most sophisticated retailer in the world, but they fail to ship a single CD they they already have in stock elsewhere. I have now ordered it from US & it will likely ship in the next day or so. Why couldn’t they do that when I ordered via AU? Or, if they decide they cannot transfer stock between countries, surely they can manage to place a wholesale order in under 6 weeks (yep it’s in stock at Alliance Entertainment’s retail storefronts). Thanks for reading my rant!

imarcq, PdB73, croquetlawns and 5 others like this.
  2. Candyflip Records

Candyflip Records vinyl lover

The simple answer is (and I think you know this already) - they just don't care.

3. Gonzo-a-gogo

Gonzo-a-gogo Tombstone hand, graveyard mind

4. Big Swifty

Big Swifty Forum Resident

Yes, this is a frustrating flaw in Amazon's much lauded tech - they seem to be unable to replenish stock from one Amazon to another.

Pretty simple to manage, you would have thought.

imarcq, westcj, Bonddm and 1 other person like this.
  5. Glam77

Glam77 Forum Resident

ACDC - Blow Up Your Video lp ordered November last year as an 'out of stock' item has been shipped!
    All others ordered around this same time have been gradually cancelled by amazon

Easy-E, ispace and imarcq like this.
  6. Big Swifty

7. Big Swifty

8. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Funnily enough I was only reading an online article yesterday seeking to explain why Amazon AU is so behind.

Selling In Australia: The Top Australian Marketplaces To Sell On.

Launched in 2017, Amazon.au stocks more than 100 million products across 29 individual product categories, which makes it a lucrative opportunity for most online sellers.

Despite the familiar name, Amazon doesn’t have the same brand recognition in Australia compared to the rest of the world.

This is down to the fact it’s still a relatively new channel in Australia, resulting in a lack of product selection and comparatively high prices as sellers ere on the side of caution.

croquetlawns likes this.
  9. imarcq

And so I saw this .....looked good...double Bob $22..... until.....plus $23 shipping????
    I should check what the same item costs at Amazon UK.... although it'll probably have the flat £11.28 shipping added I suspect???

[​IMG]

westcj likes this.
  10. imarcq

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So after VAT removed and with an outrageous £21.39 shipping added it costs £34.37 = A$57.....so even more expensive than buying the exact same UK item for about A$45 shipped from UK via Amazon AU..... craziness....and that's with sterling in meltdown!!!!

So I checked Amazon USA.... only 3rd Party sellers.....and again even more expensive...and that includes a warehouse deal....

So actually Amazon AU on this item seems to be the lowest available cost with shipping factored in across AU/UK/USA channels.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    westcj and croquetlawns like this.
  11. Box Set

Box Set Living In The Material World

westcj, Easy-E and imarcq like this.
  12. Big Swifty

13. Big Swifty

14. Big Swifty

Eskimo Chain, ispace and croquetlawns like this.
  15. Big Swifty

16. Glam77

Glam77 Forum Resident

17. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR Thread Starter

Now $158

18. Glam77

Glam77 Forum Resident

Was still sitting at $57 15 mins after I grabbed a copy. And amazingly ..,, it was in stock!!!!

speaking of instock… they finally shipped the Belinda Carlisle “Belinda 35th anniversary” coloured vinyl ordered months ago

19. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR Thread Starter

Picked up the Prince set in August for under $49.93 I think that's the lowest it's gone.

Glam77 likes this.
  20. Big Swifty

21. Aussie pressing

Aussie pressing Forum Resident

Yeah, they just shipped my Tears For Fears Tipping Point LP.
    Their shipping container with records must have been delivered on the slow boat.

Glam77 and croquetlawns like this.
  22. Glam77

Glam77 Forum Resident

That reminds me… I opened my Acdc ‘blow up you video’ package was was greeted with …. “Old Dominion”… whatever that is.

23. Box Set

24. Box Set

imarcq likes this.
  25. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member