Amazon AU price watch thread...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jimmy Agates, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

Big Swifty likes this.
  2. Big Swifty

Big Swifty Forum Resident

There are some concerns in the comments (and on this forum) regarding sound quality. What is your learned opinion, Frightie?

3. Aussie pressing

Aussie pressing Forum Resident

This is the one you NEED, Swifty. Trust me.

Big Swifty likes this.
  4. Aussie pressing

Frightwig and croquetlawns like this.
  5. Aussie pressing

Frightwig and Big Swifty like this.
  6. Mostly terrible sound quality.The sort you would find on those grey market bootlegs.Massive disappointment to me as R.E.M. are my favourite American band of all time.The only things in respectable sound quality are a 91 radio session and the 05 Church show and even these aren’t great.
    I’m sure they made no effort to remix the broadcast tapes from what would have been in BBC archives which is unforgivable.The Paul Weller BBC box which is sourced from the same time period and with the same mix of radio sessions and concerts has excellent audio quality.
    It is a bargain basement release at what was a premium price.

candyflip69 and Big Swifty like this.
  7. Big Swifty

Thank you.

8. If you want to prove to yourself how lazy and slipshod this release was go to Spotify or somewhere and compare the sound quality of the 1999 Glastonbury show with that on Bowie’s Glastonbury 2000 which was released about a month later.It is an embarrassment.

ispace and Mylene like this.
  9. Big Swifty

Frightwig likes this.
  10. Big Swifty

11. Big Swifty

12. Big Swifty

13. Aussie pressing

I'm not a massive a-ha fan, but this album is so good, no filler whatsoever.
    Recently on a morning talk show, they announced that a-ha was touring OZ/NZ next year, and were laughing that they were going to be playing Take On Me over and over.
    I just thought, "you idiots", do some research before making ridiculous statements, a-ha have had BIGGER hits than Take On Me so I'm pretty sure they can play a killer show from start to finish without having to resort to these kind of cheap tricks.
    They fill stadiums for christsakes.

Bonddm, Mylene, ispace and 3 others like this.
  14. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

It varies according to period and source but overall - and especially the live concert, I enjoy it - and the DVD has some great stuff on it.

Big Swifty likes this.
  15. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

Big Swifty likes this.
  16. Big Swifty

Up to $129 now. Good work, mate.

17. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

Whoops! Tripped the algy

18. Aussie pressing

19. Aussie pressing

20. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

I shudder to think of the aural atrocities no doubt lurking in the record collections of most of our morning talk show hosts!

croquetlawns, ispace and Big Swifty like this.
  21. ispace

ispace Senior Member

It looks like Amazon.com are now allowing third parties to ship to Australia again. It seems to be at the seller’s discretion (as it was prior to the geoblock), and with variable shipping costs (different to previously), but I today received an Amazon.com CD ordered from a Japanese seller. In this example, shipping was only US$1.90 & GST was added to the whole order.

22. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

Big Swifty and Bonddm like this.
  23. Big Swifty

24. Big Swifty

25. Big Swifty