Amazon AU price watch thread...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jimmy Agates, Sep 20, 2018.

1. westcj

westcj I'm like a wombat on the rampage

Goddam! I was waiting till it hit $50 , then snapping it up! Thems the breaks!

Marzz and imarcq like this.
  2. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Bud Powell - Time Waits - Blue Note Classic Series. $26 (OOS for order)

Time Waits: The Amazing Bud Powell https://amzn.asia/d/52T1UgV

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
  3. Marzz

Marzz Forum Resident

Aargh! Sorry :cheers:

4. Marzz

Marzz Forum Resident

What a great album this is! I gave up on vinyl many years ago and I'm still tempted :p

imarcq likes this.
  5. westcj

no problem - it was a great buy at $55 - I should have bought it then!

imarcq and Marzz like this.
  6. Big Swifty

Big Swifty Forum Resident

7. Big Swifty

8. imarcq

9. westcj

10. imarcq

westcj likes this.
  11. imarcq

Nice price on temp OOS Lennie....

RECENT SONGS $25

Recent Songs is the sixth studio album by Leonard Cohen, released in 1979. Produced by Leonard Cohen and Henry Lewy, it was a return to Cohen's acoustic folk music after the Phil Spector experimentation of Death of a Ladies' Man, but now with many jazz and Oriental influences. Pressed on standard black vinyl.

https://amzn.asia/d/cVULK0s

[​IMG]

12. imarcq

Gary Crowley's (UK DJ) Lost 80s VII 2LP

Gary Crowley's Lost 80s Vol. 2 / Various [180-Gram Clear Vinyl] https://amzn.asia/d/hT0adH1

Double 180gm clear vinyl LP pressing. The follow up the successful Gary Crowley's Lost 80s released in 2019. "I count myself incredibly lucky when I think back to my 1980's. A lot of those bands and artists that resonated with me during that time are featured on this, our sequel to our first Lost 80s collection, which we have inspiringly titled "GC Lost 80s Two"! I must be honest and say as soon as I delivered the track listing for the first compilation, I already had a selection in mind for a sequel (if ever I was asked by those cool folks at Demon). Thankfully, they asked... and this is it." Gary Crowley. 21 tracks compiled and themed by Gary Crowley side-by-side. Many of these tracks are rare and hard to find, the better-known artists appearing represented by some of their lesser-known ('lost') tracks. Includes an introduction and track-by-track notes by Gary Crowley, plus memories of the era from Mick Talbot (The Style Council) and more. "Expect a selection of not only the bigger names with some of their 'lost' gems, but also a raft of lesser-known artists. Many of the latter came nowhere near the mainstream but most certainly (IMHO) deserve another chance to shine under the spotlight. It was such a diverse and eclectic time for music, hopefully this box set mirrors that." Gary Crowley.

Various - Gary Crowley's Lost 80s Vol. 2 (21 More Diverse And Eclectic Tracks, 1980-86)

[​IMG]

croquetlawns and Frightwig like this.
  13. imarcq

Gary Crowley's Punk & New Wave Various - only one available via Rarewaves UK third party seller. $30 including shipping from UK.

https://amzn.asia/d/9ZqqiCq

Exclusive to RSD2018, is the vinyl edition of Gary Crowley's acclaimed 2017 compilation 'Punk New Wave'. Available on vinyl for the first time, and pressed on 2LP heavyweight translucent red and blue vinyl, "Punk and New Wave" features 30 tracks of Punk, New Wave, Post Punk, Power Pop and Mod Revival originally released between 1977 – 1982 including many on vinyl for the first time in up to 40 years. Some of these tracks are superrare and very hard to find having only been pressed on extremely limited 7” singles. “Ever get the feeling you’ve been treated? Well how does a dynamite selection of 77 Punk and New Wave treasures grab you? These aren't the usual classic anthems this is a mix from the heart chosen by yours truly, Gary Crowley, and my broadcasting better half buddy Jim Lahat.” Features an introduction and personal track by track notes by Gary Crowley and Jim Lahat. “That is what Punk has always meant to us. It was about innovation and moving forward. We loved the look, the attitude, the edge and the back to basics approach. We were the audience and the bands were mostly the same age as us. The energy and excitement feeding from stage to fans and back again was palpable….. This set is a testament to the vital role that Punk music, and all that it spawned, has played in each of our lives.”

Gary Crowley - Gary Crowley's Punk And New Wave (30 Tracks Rare Punk Gems And New Wave Nuggets 1977 - 1982)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
    Frightwig and wellhamsrus like this.
  14. imarcq

Frightwig likes this.
  15. imarcq

There's a probably trashed Neil Young Live at Carnegie Hall 2LP for $30 in Amazon Warehouse.....if you want to risk it!!! Or next stop is $54... without dings!!

Carnegie Hall 1970 https://amzn.asia/d/3zUOGCy

[​IMG]

Frightwig, Big Swifty and Sigma6 like this.
  16. imarcq

Or the CD is $17 today...

Carnegie Hall 1970(CD) https://amzn.asia/d/fWbe7Sv

Sigma6 likes this.
  17. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

The damage might add to its bootleg look charm?

Sigma6 and imarcq like this.
  18. imarcq

The "Patina" as the Americans say!!!!

Frightwig likes this.
  19. Box Set

Box Set Living In The Material World

imarcq likes this.
  20. imarcq

Plus the bundle is a con because the "turntable" is $20 cheaper if you buy it on its own. The record is the same price! So in theory you would save money by just buying them separately anyway. Rubbish bundle!!!

Big Swifty likes this.
  21. Big Swifty

Sigma6, imarcq and Aussie pressing like this.
  22. Big Swifty

It's frustrating, you can buy this direct from Mofi.com for around $147 AUD but it costs $73 AUD to ship so if you know someone in the US.....

ispace likes this.
  23. PdB73

PdB73 Forum Resident

The cheapest I have seen it locally is $220 from Goldmine records + postage. I bought mine from the USA Micheal Jackson store (AUD$215 shipped)....but I wish I had waited and bought it from Goldmine. I would have it already rather than waiting a month or so (it's been 3 weeks since dispatched already). Usually Australia gets MOFI later, but in this instance local stores had it before USA dispatch date.

Speaking of dispatch dates - I have Amazon Australia stuff I bought over a week ago and it hasn't dispatched yet. Weird. They usually dispatch within a day or so if in stock.

imarcq and Big Swifty like this.
  24. Candyflip Records

Candyflip Records vinyl lover

Unfortunately it wouldn't be any cheaper: US postal prices to Australia are huge and for a box this size and weight, you're gonna be up for at least that anyway (and very probably more).

ispace, imarcq and Big Swifty like this.
  25. Big Swifty

You're right, a quick search reveals I am very out of touch with international shipping rates. Crikey.

westcj, Candyflip Records and imarcq like this.