Amazon.com has some CRAZY CD PRICES right now!!!

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Cozzie, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Is this for real?

2. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

Probably, yes. I work in the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) field and this is one of the possibilities of a CRM/Callcenter application. Customers are rated and based on those ratings action is suggested when they're contacting the company. Better customers can get a bigger credit. Good customers who have a big probability of turning away from your company might also get a bigger credit. One-time/First-time customer? Not so much.

This is nothing new of course, as merchants have been doing this for hundreds of years. Only now it is visible in a computer application and tracking thousands of customers, instead of only residing in someone's head.

3. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

More delays. E-mail alerts this morning stated that orders that were supposed to be delivered Thursday are now pushed back to Friday or Monday. I am still waiting for 11 of the 39 CDs I ordered.

4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Well, actually, I probably got more CDs shipped during this sale than almost anyone here. And I also had more CDs canceled during this sale than almost anyone here.

And I am in the "won't complain about the ones that didn't ship, they owe me nothing" camp. (I am also in the great/important Amazon customer category, and I am sure I could force a concession out of them).

5. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I contacted them again trying to see if I could get a special treat like everybody else is...

I guess they don't like me that much. Oh well.

6. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

It wouldn't surprise me. My wife and me are huge Amazon customers. I have been a Prime member for years and my wife is an Amazon Mom member who gets all of our kids' diapers and wipes from them (and with twins, that money piles up quick), not to mention the periodic toy or Elmo video.

Additionally, the few times we've had to deal with customer service we've been as polite and friendly as can be. After all, why take out your frustrations on the poor customer service rep?

During the Great Amazon CD Caper of 2012 I ordered 15 CDs, only one of which (out of stock at the time) got the axe by Amazon. I'm absolutely sure my high "batting average" was helped by my extensive customer history with them.

7. KeithH

Did I refer to you by name? ;)

I don't expect people to say "Yeah, Keith, I'm bitter that I missed out on the sale, so I'll just preach to you out of frustration and to put myself on higher ground."

8. KeithH

I like that. A caper. I've never been part of a caper before. :cool:

9. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Extra points for using "caper" in a non-culinary context.

10. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

11. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Amazon has already been caught price targeting certain customers differently, so I would say that, yes, it's probably true.

12. helter

helter Forum Resident

I get coupons and specials sales all the time from companies "private sale for our best customers"
    Nothing wrong with that.
    Just like your best employee should get paid more.... no different for customers IMO

13. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I have, over the years, received a few presents from Amazon (gift baskets, cups, whatever), unsolicited, just to "thank me for being one of their best customers".

I know they don't do that for all their customers. And why should they?

14. Cheepnik

Cheepnik Overfed long-haired leaping gnome

I bet Amazon is in total lockdown by now.

15. Daniel Plainview

Yep, they stone-walled me again. I'm throwing in the towel. I will just have to live in envy of those who got cheap CDs and generous pay-offs. Win some lose some.

16. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Been enjoying my discs. Do I win the award for most diverse selection??

17. Daniel Plainview

So I contacted my lawyer about suing Amazon. See, I got all excited and happy about the 70 cent CDs and then when I didn't get them I was disappointed and fell into a deep, dark depression. I got so down I started listening to Bread and drinking malt liquor. What Amazon did could be considered mental cruelty. My lawyer, Hubert S. Dickey, esq., thinks we have an open and shut case. I watched "...and Justice For All" 8 times today to prepare for my day in court. "YOU'RE OF ORDER! YOU'RE OUT OF ORDER!! ATTICA! ATTICAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!"

18. bilgewater

bilgewater Forum Resident

"'You're out of order'? This whole damn court is out of order!"

Great line. Otherwise I forget everything about that Al Pacino movie.

19. ceevert

ceevert Forum Resident

No case for the malt liquor, but the Bread might do the trick.

Squeamish disclaimer: sorry to anybody that ordered Bread at $.70.

20. g.z.

g.z. Senior Member

"You want my Coke?"
    [​IMG]

21. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

I'm thinking about suing the OP for having a VERY misleading thread title! "right now!!!"

22. Cozzie

Cozzie Forum Resident Thread Starter

Bring it! :winkgrin:

Most people wouldn't have looked at the thread without the "right now!!!"

23. farmingdad

farmingdad Forum Resident

Nope. Their "best customers" all got Cadillacs this year.

24. KeithH

And more delays. Now they're saying Monday or Tuesday for the outstanding orders. I've never seen this many delays with Amazon, and we're talking standard domestic CDs.

25. TheHypnoToad

TheHypnoToad Senior Member

I've seen this before from Amazon when they've mis-priced an item but don't want to cancel the order themselves. They keep sending almost daily emails about a shipping delay in hopes that you will get frustrated and cancel the order. If you don't cancel, eventually they will send an email saying they can't get the item(s) and cancel them. Best thing to do is to look on the website and see if it shows the item(s) as being in stock and use the "contact us" function to point it out to them. Worst case, they cancel the item(s) which they were going to do anyway. Best case, they ship the item(s).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.