Amazon DE not shipping to UK

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Porkpie, Dec 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident Thread Starter

I just tried to order something on Amazon Germany to be shipped to the UK and got a notice that the item isn’t able to be sent to my location, even though I ordered from them last month. Not sure if this is possibly a brexit or covid issue. Has anyone else had any issues or success ordering from Germany?

Edit - I just checked again and apparently it’s because it’s a US import.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  2. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

I was alerted that Amazon.de is charging VAT and higher shipping rates to EU countries too. I tried placing a dummy order for an item that was priced €69.99 and it was €73.61 at checkout.

3. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Wouldn't Amazon.de always have been charging VAT within EU countries (pre-brexit) anyway?

What did it say at checkout? Amazon usually breaks down the charges to the particular components.

4. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

I haven't ordered anything from amazon.de in two years, and indeed in the older order details I could see VAT applied, but it was the price listed+shipping; I knew what I was going to pay.

This time, a an item listed €69.99 was 73.61 at checkout. By the way, I was alerted by a friend of mine that placed an order with them and noticed priced increased at checkout.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  5. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

Amazon.de will charge the VAT rate for whichever EU country they are shipping to. Prices to Austria are slightly higher on Amazon.de , which is out “local” Amazon as there isn’t an Amazon Austria, as our VAT rate is higher than Germany.

6. IndianaJones

IndianaJones New Member

Is there maybe a Packaging Act in Austria too? I recently had similar price issues with Austria and I know that when shipping from the UK to Germany there is a fee for packaging material.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.