Amazon doing One-day shipping for Prime members?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by MikeManaic61, Apr 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeManaic61

MikeManaic61 Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. brownie61

brownie61 Forum Resident

I have already been receiving many of my amazon prime orders the next day. Not all, but a significant amount. I started noticing it just about one year ago.

Vinny123 and MikeManaic61 like this.
  3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Requested this be moved to Marketplace Discussions.

4. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Also, during checkout they still offer you the "two-day...ish..." option, for a discount on the "product". (Like paying the money to buy it, and paying the money to get it, doesn't come out of my same pocket...? :rolleyes: ) I would imagine this will eventually coming down to charges of them offering the same "Prime" members different prices, depending on whether you live in downdown Cincinnati, or western Nebraska; time will tell.

5. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

Same with me. If they come out of an Amazon warehouse in Eagan, Minnesota (a suburb of Minneapolis), I get them in one day.

6. MikeManaic61

Me too. Not all the time but in some instances they did. On top of that, they did build a facility near me.

7. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Mine usually arrive early as well, and lots of items are available for same day delivery if I spend at least $35.

8. gedsmit

gedsmit Fair Weather Member

I’m thinking of joining just to watch the Grateful Dead documentary with the 1970 festival bonus material :)

9. HJP

HJP Senior Member

That’s great news. I know the Postal Service delivers Amazon Prime time packages on Sundays now.

10. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

in some markets, it's free same day for orders $35 and above. it's been really great to order some LPs and have them at my doorstep in time for dinner.

11. MikeManaic61

Your right. I think Amazon did lower it back to $25 to compete with its competitors.

12. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

They’ve also been offering a $1 digital credit if you opt out of two day shipping. If I don’t need something immediately, it’s a nice way to save a buck or two on a Kindle book purchase or movie rental. Better yet, I’ve still received the ordered items in two days, with one exception.

MerseyBeatle likes this.
  13. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Bad news for the competition.

More and more I'm seeing Amazon trucks delivering instead of UPS or others.

14. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 V/VIII/MCMLXXVII

gedsmit likes this.
  15. Vinny123

Vinny123 Forum Resident

Good documentary

16. powerq

powerq Forum Resident

Me too. Even got a few things on Sundays. An item I ordered Thursday evening (7pm) is supposed to come Saturday, from California. Good thing Amazon has their own planes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.