Amazon HD price drop

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by BruceS, May 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BruceS

BruceS El Sirviente del Gato Thread Starter

Earlier today I received an email from Amazon that included, "going forward, there will be no extra charge for HD as part of your Amazon Music Unlimited subscription." That's a $5 per month price drop. I checked and this is legit. Will be down to $7.99 for HD. I'm less than thrilled that Amazon Music Unlimited playlists can't be organized into folders, but I deal with it in my own way. And for that price, I'll keep dealing.

tmtomh, Billy Infinity and Audiofan1 like this.
  2. Audiofan1

Audiofan1 Forum Resident

Yup! although had no plans to leave this just adds icing to the cake.

3. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

Amazon could drop it to free and I still wouldn't use a music streaming service from Amazon.

4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Comments like this are why Jeff Bezos no longer posts here.

zongo, 500Homeruns and JasonA like this.
  5. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

The Amazon streaming service would have been better designed if Bezos did post here and had hired an audiophile from here or AudiophileStyle who understands high-res and computer playback. But as it is the Amazon service was poorly done. Both for sound quality and curation and organization of content. And Amazon continues to be clueless about how to do this.

Steve Jobs was an audiophile and Apple did well with iPods and iTunes back then. It's obvious that Bezos isn't an audiophile and probably doesn't even have a stereo other than the in-wall speakers on his mega yacht.

Quark1134 likes this.
  6. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

Nice!

I'm sure this news has nothing at all to do with Apple's announcement.

:)

BruceS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.