Amazon HD update

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by bellyshere, Oct 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellyshere

bellyshere Forum Resident Thread Starter

There appears to be a new Amazon Music HD update. You can select exclusive mode in the standard music unlimited version, which you couldn't before. I had the HD version before but got rid because it still didn't work properly. Does anyone have the HD service with the new update? Does it work properly yet before i upgrade again?

Morbius McDalek likes this.
  2. Morbius McDalek

Morbius McDalek Mobilis in mobili

Thanks for that info. I moved to Qobuz because Amazon HD didn't allow exclusive mode. Hopefully that means it'll set the DAC to the actual sample rate of the music, rather than resampling it to fit the current setting in the Windows or Mac mixer. I may give it another trial if so, though the price is (was) the same as Qobuz Studio anyway.

3. Morbius McDalek

Mmm ... I think this is probably the same "Exclusive Mode" that came out in April 2020. Other than having an Exclusive Mode box to tick, it was concluded it wasn't actually exclusive at all:

Amazon HD Music goes live.

4. bellyshere

bellyshere Forum Resident Thread Starter

It is a different update to the April one. I can't check if they have fixed the exclusive mode on this update as i don't have Amazon Music HD anymore.

5. Morbius McDalek

Given the large number of people who've read this thread, I'm guessing no one else here who's knowledgeable has Amazon HD installed anymore. Like you and presumably others, I got rid of it too. Sorry I can't say anything more! If they give me another free trial, I'll report back. There comes a point though where people just can't be bothered anymore.

6. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Amazon Music: Same Old Overcoat, Different Werthers Original In The Pocket.

7. Russell Weston

Russell Weston Forum Resident

I was putzing around on Amazon HD this morning, and exclusive mode is nothing of the sort: it's completely broken and still runs in shared mode even when exclusive is selected. The music is pushed through windows and is not bit perfect. Whatever the shared mode sampling rate is, is what you get. Very disappointing since every other streaming service doesn't seem to be having an issue with it.

ClassicalCD likes this.
  8. Russell Weston

Russell Weston Forum Resident

Fwiw, I compared with qobuz, tidal, and Jriver media center. Amazon HD is the only one that has the exclusive mode issue. This is all from an SMSL su-9 dac.

9. Stereosound

Stereosound Forum Resident

Deezer doesn’t offer exclusive mode either currently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.