Amazon: how temporary is "temporarily out of stock"?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Jupiter, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jupiter

Jupiter Forum Resident Thread Starter

I've been watching this on Amazon.com for a while now:

Miles Davis, Complete Bitches Brew Sessions [Box Set, Extra Tracks, Original Recording Remastered]

Needless to say, I want this long box rather than the metal spine box, but all they can offer me is:

"Temporarily out of stock"

Is this code for "We'll offer some when we get them. It might take 6 months, but it will happen", or does it really mean "It ain't gonna happen. Sold out, and none on the horizon. Keep watchin' though, you might buy something else while you're here"?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  2. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

I've had stuff come back in stock anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks.

3. Thurenity

Thurenity Listening to some tunes

I've had an LP in my cart that's been OOS for about 6 months now. :shrug:

4. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

Might be worth it to gamble on a used set. There are some listed as "Like New." If it's truly gone out of print, then these used prices won't stay low for very long.

5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Same here, happens all the time, esp. on a great sale price.

6. zongo

zongo Forum Resident

Every once in a long while things actually show up even years after they go into this mode. I wouldn't count on it if it's something you really want, though.

7. D Schnozzman

D Schnozzman Forum Resident

Looks like that Miles set is OOP. I had no idea. I think for OOP items it pretty much means "this might turn up again one day if we find some in the warehouse or they reissue it, but don't hold your breath."
    It's already been repackaged once, so I wouldn't be surprised if they reissued it again some time.

If you want it sooner rather than later, there seem to be loads of them on fleabay or (just to plug a local bricks and mortar) here...
    http://www.birdland.com.au/catalogue/category639/p39197

8. Jupiter

Jupiter Forum Resident Thread Starter

Yeah, thought it might have been OOP. I might order from Birdland, support a local store. Pricey though (although it is OOP, and their other Miles titles are very competitively priced). But I'm binging on all things Miles at the moment and the long box is a version of BB that I don't have...

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.