Amazon - Open Orders...

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Wild Frank, May 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wild Frank

Wild Frank Forum Resident Thread Starter

Not sure where to put this... or whether anyone else is bothered by this.

Amazon have removed the 'open orders' function which allowed you to filter to see what pre-orders you had in place. This was a very helpful tool in conjunction with their pre-order price guarantee. I would order things when they appeared for pre-order and then, if the price didn't come down, or I found a better offer, I could cancel. This is now not possible. I can find no mention of why they have done this...maybe it is to stop people using it the way I do. Personally it has had the opposite effect and now means I am likely to use Amazon far less ...and I did spend a lot on their site. Ultimately this is a good thing. Whilst I tended to buy my vinyl from my local store other things such a Blu Ray and PS5 games are not as readily available in town and Amazon was the best place to get those.

Has anyone else noticed this?

2. gad999

gad999 Forum Resident

Agreed - noticed this last week & will also be using Amazon less.
    It also doesn't help that a lot of orders I place seem to go down in price very shortly after I buy them!

3. Duncan Day

Duncan Day Middle Aged Savage

Yes ! Noticed this yesterday! Seems the only way now to keep tabs on what you’ve ordered on Amazon is to write it all down ! Hmmm :mad:

Wild Frank likes this.
  4. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

It may be paranoia, but I’ve noticed whenever I add anything to my wish list it often goes up in price quite quickly!

Wild Frank likes this.
  5. gad999

gad999 Forum Resident

I've stopped using the wish lists - browsing history for me, but no doubt they have some sneaky way of monitoring that!

6. Duncan Day

Duncan Day Middle Aged Savage

Ah, so you’re the one to blame !!! :D

7. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Yes they do. Their bots pretty much monitor everything you do.

8. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.