Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Amazon packaging.

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Diorama, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

For me, Powells Books is the only place I've ordered from that does that. Never from Amazon in 15 years and many damaged books. It's such a smart way to ship books.

Scope J likes this.
  2. MGW

MGW Less travelling, more listening

I recently had a single SD card (64Gb before anyone makes the 'smart' joke) delivered from Amazon UK, it came in a box that could have taken several paperback books, a few CDs and about two dozen SD cards.

3. attym

attym Forum Resident

Records have been arriving lately in large boxes with air packs.... not the usual record mailers that do a good job of protecting the record. Needless to say, many records have gone back because they’re damaged. It’s disappointing.

4. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Got 2 cds yesterday in a bloody paper envelope!

:realmad:

5. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Have you gotten any records recently in the blue and white plastic Amazon bags? I've received two this month. Not good.

sunking101 likes this.
  6. attym

attym Forum Resident

No, but thats a new level of carelessness. I will say, since I've posted this, the dedicated LP mailers have returned and I only see the careless packaging for warehouse records. Its a shame because it almost always adds more damage.

black sheriff likes this.
  7. DM333

DM333 Well-Known Member

A few months ago I was having terrible experiences with amazon packaging, I even received records with no packaging at all! This year I have had better luck with most records coming in proper LP mailers.