Amazon pre-order issues on the order's page

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by John D., May 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John D.

John D. Senior Member Thread Starter

Has anyone noticed on their orders page, that for pre-orders there used to be a tab at the top for not yet shipped items. This tab has disappeared on my orders page, and make it hard to keep track of pre-orders that were made months ahead of time. I just noticed this and don't like it a bit, what are other's thoughts?

Motorcity supernaut likes this.
  2. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

I noticed, too, and agree.

John D. likes this.
  3. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Oh don't worry. When it comes time to ship they will mysteriously cancel any high demand titles.

My most recent experience was a Run DMC MFSL vinyl.

Before that a damaged Dead box set vinyl title. I think they shipped it to Amazon UK (their flipper location).

4. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I didn't notice that but I have noticed some other weird behavior which annoys me no end.

Any time I add an item to my cart whether a preorder or not Amazon takes me directly to the checkout page expecting me to pay right then when in reality I want to add more stuff so I can get free shipping. I have to close the window and reopen another amazon page to resume shopping. Never used to work that way. I could in the past only get to checkout if I went to my cart and then checked out willingly.

Also but been going on a while now is how they try to disguise/hide the free shipping option. It never ever defaults to that (don't think it did anyways) but lately it does not TELL ME which one is free shipping, it only shows the # of days it will take, and only says the word free for items AFTER I select that for one of the items in the list (then it displays that word for the other items/options in my cart for me to have to change the selection to).

I actually did make a mistake once and saw an order I placed had shipping charged on one/some items so I had to cancel it then reorder the whole thing. From now on I always check & double-check the checkout page/prices to make sure I am getting the "free" shipping on everything in my cart..

5. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.