Amazon Prime Day - July 16-17, 2018

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Boomy, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I just tried that but it still saying item not available to ship to my selected address. And I did get signed up for prime in Canada

2. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

There are zero prime deals available in the CD and Vinyl category.

3. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Somehow, it worked for me. But when I went back and looked it is now saying "not available for prime to US" or something to that effect.
    I hope they don't cancel my order. But if they do, no huge loss.

4. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

It's at 60% off now!

noname74 likes this.
  5. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Y
    yeah, I expect to pay the postage but I don’t even have that possibility

6. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked the Hip vinyl set I bought yesterday and it too went to to 60% off. As it is so expensive the extra 10% saves me $50 so I reordered it and will send back the other for a refund. I chatted with them t ask if they’d just refund me the 10% but they said they can’t and to do it this way. A bit of a hassle but $50 savings is worth it.

Brenald79 likes this.
  7. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

I got a California King Mattress for $560 delivered.

I have 100 Days to hate it.

Pretty sure if I hate it they will tell me to donate it. So, why the hell not?

black sheriff, Cassius and tmtomh like this.
  8. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

If you already have prime, there are some 50% off movie rentals, newer movies that are a great deal. Check the prime video app.

9. Madness

Just picked up a 400gb micro sd card for just under $150 with tax. My Pono will appreciate that. Regular price about $250.

10. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Thanks again for initially posting this deal. I got the Metallica. $62 CAN. $57 with my $5 credit for getting the Amazon app. Maybe they will get reduced to 70% in the next few hours!

noname74 likes this.
  11. noname74

My hope is by midnight they pay me to buy something! :laugh:

Myke, fluffskul, chaz and 1 other person like this.
  12. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

They should after buying 2 Hip Boxsets!

noname74 likes this.
  13. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

14. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Amazon.ca isn't making it simple browse and find the box sets 50-60% off.

15. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

If it was 50% off for cloud based movie purchases I'd bite. With the deal ending in a few hours you can only watch one.

16. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

I believe Pono only supports up to 128GB cards. It might or might not work. I hope it does for your sake!

17. Strat-Mangler

On Amazon.ca, if you have Prime or start a trial, Jimi Hendrix' Machine Gun (Fillmore East) on vinyl is on sale at a mere 16$ CDN! The equivalent of $12 US for an album that is typically hovering around $25-26 on Amazon.com.

There are plenty of other deals like that by using this link I've found elsewhere, for those who are interested.

https://www.amazon.ca/b/ref=s9_acss...2dd5-4fbe-83c3-54b644bf524a&pf_rd_i=236416011

Brenald79 likes this.
  18. Madness

I'm currently using a 256gb card in it and it works perfectly.

19. Strat-Mangler

Good to know. The only reason I mention this is due to the fact that the information Pono published stated a ceiling of 128GB but it wouldn't be the first time something works that wasn't initially supported. I just hope you'll have access to the entirety of the storage of your 400GB SD card once you get it. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, buddy! :)

20. Madness

Yep I remember reading about that limitation, and this was also talked about ad naseum on the now-dead Pono official forum. I'll be sure to update this thread with my results/successes/failures. :)

Strat-Mangler and Ivand like this.
  21. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

black sheriff likes this.
  22. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

Missed that one! I couldn't bring myself to buy the Stones thing - I have the mono and stereo multiple times over and there was no unique content to justify another purchase.

23. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I guess Amazon is backed with Prime Day. My box set is still being prepared to ship.

24. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Amazon did the crazy boxing thing they have done in the past on high-volume shopping days.... I placed one order for five LPs, all Intervention Records (fulfilled by Amazon). I received five separate big boxes this week -- one LP in each box!

That sure helps me as I try to navigate/explain why I've been buying so much media lately, with my partner. She's being cool/understanding with it so far, giving me autonomy to go over budget for a little while, but I'm feeling pretty embarrassed about the stack of packages that have accumulated this week at home.

(Have I mentioned that I have several sealed, out-of-print Audio Fidelity and MFSL digital discs for sale in SHF classifieds...? :shh: This morning, I cross-checked my prices against current "brand new" for sale listings of each item on eBay, and my prices are either lower or comparable to eBay listings considering I offer free shipping for USA.)

25. noname74

It's the 'sold' prices you should compare against as there are a lot of really high prices on ebay for audiophile discs that just sit and sit and sit....

Andy Mitri likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.