Amazon sends wrong record, I have to deliver it to them for refund?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by ron/asheton, Apr 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ron/asheton

ron/asheton Forum Resident Thread Starter

They are sending the right item and picking this one up the next day.

I don't have a pick up hub in my back yard like some must, so it's a pretty major inconvenience to have to drive to one on my time and money just to get a refund on something I didn't order. Getting deliveries to my house is the whole point of amazon in the first place.

Also you have to bypass the regular return options to get to a chat.

Glad they're taking care of it. For some, how about I hop into your bank account, take some money, send you something you did not order and tell you that you need to drive somewhere on your time and money to get your money back. Would you like that? Didn't think so. Neither did I.

2. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

It's frustrating to get the wrong item, but it's not that simple; I can tell you that the reverse logistics of returns is very complicated.

3. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

You can drop it at Whole Foods, Kohl's, and in most major cities they have a small kiosk storefront. The delivery guys don't do pickups. It's pretty easy peasy. They will refund you at first scan.

4. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

You think people don't get inconvenienced in their lives every now and then?

5. When I’ve done returns I’ve been able to have UPS pick them up at my home the next business day. During the return process they give you the usual options up front - drop off at a locker, a UPS store, etc. But then you click something like ‘more options’ and then there was a choice to have them come pick it up. Been a few months since I did this so maybe it’s no longer there.

6. More info fromAmazon’s site:
    • Using drop off services at locations that are convenient for you
    • Using pickup options
    • Using Heavy-Bulky return options, handled by a specialty carrier team
    • Using Locker, Locker+, and Amazon Hub Counter locations for small packages
    • Using a scanned QR code at designated returns locations to make label-free and package-free returns

7. ron/asheton

ron/asheton Forum Resident Thread Starter

Great input. No, great, really brah. Totally great.

Rolltide likes this.
  8. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Tell 'em you'll be glad to wait outside for their delivery truck to come by...but if Bezos isn't drivin' it, you're taking this right to the Better Business Bureau...and the National Labor Relations Board. :evil:

ScramMan2 likes this.
  9. Scopitone

Scopitone Caught the last train for the coast

Just thought I would mention that they seem to have altered the process for this. Not every item can be returned via a UPS Store or Kohl's dropoff. Some have to be shipped back - at buyer's expense - or delivered to an amazon warehouse hub. Last December, I returned some Apple Airpods Max, and the only option they offered me was to ship them at my expense.

It seems to vary depending on the product.

10. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Wow! That is ridiculous. Send them back at your expense or deliver to a warehouse hub? Hell no. Not even if the hub was in the same town. I'd have read them the riot act.

Scopitone likes this.
  11. Ken Dryden

Ken Dryden Forum Resident

If Amazon makes a shipping mistake and the buyer is not close to a drop off location, Amazon should be required to issue a prepaid return label. If I was a rural or disabled customer, that is what I would expect. So far I have never had problems returning items.

Scopitone likes this.
  12. mackat

mackat Turntable hoar-...um, collector

Sure, it's a little annoying to have to drop off Amazon returns, but that's the price you (and I) pay for their very lenient return policy. In this case, they probably would pick it up if you complained hard enough, seeing as this was their mistake.

I return around 50% of new records I buy (not that I buy very many). I refuse to spend $30 or $40 for a noisy, warped, bad sounding record. I buy most new records on Amazon as I wouldn't want to burden a local record store due to abysmal pressing practices.

13. Hanglow

Hanglow Forum Resident

In all of this let's not forget the human robots at the distribution warehouses and the delivery people ...maybe Bezos will start having them also come into your residence and open the package for you and take the cardboard back with them:thumbsup:
    Someone older and wiser said to me once..."there's always going to be a little inconvenience as you go through life"

14. FuzzyNightmares

FuzzyNightmares Forum Resident

Amazon returns are the easiest returns I've dealt with, plenty of free drop off return options

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.