Amazon (UK) autorip RIP?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Peter Kulawec, Aug 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Kulawec

Peter Kulawec Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Is it just me, or are other people no longer seeing autorip on Amazon UK? I can't find any CD with it set, including those that I definitely know used to have it. The files from previous purchases haven't disappeared, glad to say :)

sonnyrock likes this.
  2. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Doubt it. Any number of recent purchases of mine have all been added to “my music”. However, I agree, I’m currently not seeing the icon on the site. Who knows ? It’s Amazon.

3. Bassist

Bassist Forum Resident

More likely the labels have decided that a lot of buyers of vinyl also want the digital and will potentially end up paying for both (or vinyl + cd) if the download is not instantly made available as-standard. I've certainly been holding fire on the Roger Waters set before deciding which format to buy. I will buy the vinyl if there is auto rip available, cd if not. Same applies to the Stones box. The days of getting a download card with vinyl also seem to be over for the most part.

Either that or paid downloads are in such sharp decline as a format that Amazon are just gently nudging people towards streaming what they own on their app (and ad free) rather than Spotify.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  4. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

There is still a search function on the site for Autorip and when you use it it appears to filter stuff out. It’s just very irritating that none of the products specifically mention autorip on their pages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.