American Pickers - Original Aerosmith Tour Bus Episode

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by ky658, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ky658

ky658 Senior Member Thread Starter

This episode airs tonight at 9pm:

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

There's been a lot of doubt about the validity of this entire thing. The paint looks WAY too vivid for a van that was apparently abandoned for decades... for instance.

3. MHS3

MHS3 "Long Live Rock'n'Roll"

I saw that one when it aired it was cool.

4. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

looks like it was painted last week

5. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

It’s a fake.

6. the pope ondine

MAYBE the actual van....paint job etc...very questionable. these reality shows are very suspect (storage wars...pawn stars etc)

7. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

American Pickers is so STAGED. It’s a joke.

MikaelaArsenault and Rubberpigg like this.
  8. ky658

ky658 Senior Member Thread Starter

Hmm, it says it’s a premiere tonight, but what do I know...

9. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

It’s not exactly a Faberge egg, anyway. Aerosmith original van?

Vinny123 likes this.
  10. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

I saw that one awhile ago too. Seemed like it was thee van but maybe the paint was touched up at some point. I didn't find it worth the time they spent on it (J-j-jaded) but then a lot of stuff they don't spend time on I would've liked more of, but the rusted old parts or signs not so much usually. There was a good episode with a stack of 78s, one on the Atomic label. Is it all real? No idea, but have heard about Storage Wars spicing up the containers and units.

11. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I haven't watched the episode that aired last night (03/11/19), but did see the one where they bought the van and then they were going to have it restored...

12. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

It's probably the premiere of the follow up to the original broadcast where they reveal what happened to it once they bought it.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  13. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

Correct.

One of the Doctors I work with has a daughter who works for American Pickers. He says everything is scouted out ahead of time, researched and the prices are pre-arranged. Once in a while when filming the sellers will haggle a different price. He said their budget is HUGE. What's funny is that this Doctor is an avid collector of political buttons and memorabilia. He tries to get her to look for stuff for him. I tried to get him to do the same thing for me for records.

14. the pope ondine

yeah its like that for all these shows, even cash cab the simplest of shows have the contestants planned out, storage wars might be the worst since the stuff inside is planted and all the bidding is preplanned .

Strat-Mangler and Ghostworld like this.
  15. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

I'd be curious where you got that information (it's wrong)..link?
    At any rate, I saw the original episode from last year, and it was verified as the original
    1970 van.

And then, at the end of last night's episode, they showed it being delivered and checked
    over by the restoration company. Mike made it clear he didn't want it "restored" but
    only "preserved". And that makes sense.
    Next weeks episode will have a continuation of it, including a visit by some Aerosmith
    members to the restoration shop. Should be great.

16. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

The painting looks fake.

17. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

It would difficult to have a show like that in real time. I did wonder about their budget though. I figure they probably pay more than they normally would if they were doing this on their own as a regular business without the TV show.

They've bought records before but they've always paid too much for what they got. They should do a proper record buying segment. Keep pushing for that :)

Jeff Kent likes this.
  18. Raunchnroll

Raunchnroll Senior Member

Wow an original Rush record! Although the cover is split and ring worn, serious record collectors LOVE that patina, that old grungy look -- the authentic look of four stoners with a bong & some thai stick - rocking out to good ole '2112.'

chilinvilin, Chris DeVoe and Simon A like this.
  19. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I can see it now. "We found this incredibly rare copy of the Doors LA Woman. It has clear cellophane in the middle of the cover. We figure it's worth around $300. Let's see if he takes $200 for it"

SH.tv contributors do head plant.

20. sixtiesstereo

But it isn't. Plus, you can see large rust marks/holes on the legs.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    Grand_Ennui likes this.
  21. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

They have someone that dubs in Mike Wolfe's giggles right? Those can't be real! :D

chilinvilin likes this.
  22. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

Sounds like that daughter could get herself into trouble - She's gotta be breaking some confidentiality clause(s)... I'm surprised she hasn't been fired...

23. the pope ondine

yeah its always weird when you see them pay 100 bucks for an old box of ferrante and teicher and mantovani, these guys must know the value but its all planned and theyre getting paid ding the show.....when its actually thousands f dollars they bargain a little better

i havent watched it, was it covered with a tarp? its hard to image 40+ years in the elements....

24. sixtiesstereo

At the beginning of one of the earlier episodes this season, both Mike and Frank were loudly
    farting in the van....maybe that was dubbed in too.

25. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

It was cool to see Ray Tabano in this episode. Other than that I'm going to have to say the two leads on the show are complete tools. That Betty Page looking woman back at the shop is OK though. They should let her be the lead on the show.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.