Amoeba Hollywood is MOVING!

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Brendan K, Feb 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident Thread Starter

Amoeba Music Reveals Its New Hollywood Location

What I received in an email:

"Today we are excited to announce the next home of Amoeba Hollywood!

We are truly moved by the massive outpouring of support from our customers and the LA community throughout this search. We aim to do you proud and continue on as your supreme source for music, movies and so much more. We will bring that familiar Amoeba energy into this new space and you can be sure it will provide the "True Amoeba Experience" as we will carry the same breadth and depth of selection!

We look forward to introducing our new home at 6200 Hollywood Boulevard this fall"

2. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident Thread Starter

3. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

well ,there was a thread about that but i no longer can see it

4. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

Good luck if no parking. Kinda strange they'd get back in the game after pulling in a few million each selling out.

5. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Hey, I'm all for the survival of AMOEBA as I have shopped all of their locations through the years and feel that they are currently among the best record/CD stores that are still in business. With that said, I have my doubts about "any" record store surviving for very long since that Lacquer Production fire story from last week. I mean, CD's were clearly on their way out (I still buy them new and used and I have no interest in selling my pretty vast collection of them anytime soon), so that leaves the recent VINYL resurgence. The line of buyers that care about first edition pressing ASIA and THE CARS albums are getting slimmer each and every day and if new vinyl is in serious jeopardy, with that fire, then all bets are off on just how soon any big numbers of reissues are on their shelves and how can they survive Hollywood/L.A. rent without those $20 to $30 (or more) new reissues flying out the door? I wish them luck and I'm very happy that they have this new space (although that video showing the new space looks extremely smaller than their current Hollywood location), but I have to believe that fire last week could be a death knoll that even AMOEBA couldn't see coming?

6. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

The profit margin on new stuff is very low. Record stores like Amoeba make their money by paying very little for used product and then selling it for many times more. Amoeba doesn't need luck, they got millions for their old location. That fire shouldn't concern any retailer.

7. Leon T

Leon T Active Member

I love that store. Hopefully this move won't be the beginning of the end...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.