Amoeba Hollywood morphs into t-shirt store

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Marty T, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

More than that: Records often come back. Swag comes back less frequently.

krlpuretone likes this.
  2. ian christopher

ian christopher Argentina (in Spirit)

so even moderate fans of Compact Discs will be moved towards streaming media, if their new cars wont play the CD's in their collection.

Enthusiasts like us will be all that remain

3. ian christopher

except Rasputin Records (in Stockton of all places) had a better Tee Shirt section

4. ian christopher

raw food and/or Paleo gastropubs and craft beer pubs for tourists and trust funders?

5. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

LOL rtf (read too fast): "Euthanasia"

ian christopher likes this.
  6. I noticed that with car rentals starting about a year ago. When it's complete, it will really drive behavior. Higher end cars sometimes include a system for DVD or BluRay play into the back seat, but these also work off of connected iPads or phones. Even high-end consumers will eventually balk at adding $3000-4000 to get a super-duper system in their cars. I love having a surround sound system in mine but am already somewhat limited by it not having BluRay (DVD, Bang & Olufsson). Will have to think very hard about upgrading that way next time a car purchase comes around.

7. Marc Perman

Marc Perman Forum Resident

I bought a new Mini Cooper three years ago with a CD changer; the salesman said I was the first person who ordered one from the dealer in years. It's actually a fun, retro experience to play CDs in the car, kind of like playing cassettes in my old VW Beetle without the unspooling issues.

How much longer before the Hollywood Amoeba moves or closes? There are loads of buildings east of the current store on Sunset or on Hollywood Blvd. that a downsized Amoeba could occupy. This was the last piece I read:

It's looking more and more likely that Amoeba will be replaced with 28-story tower

8. WhoTapes1

WhoTapes1 Forum Resident

I visited the SF Amoeba this past August and bought one of their t-shirts, as well as some vinyl singles.

9. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Lot of small stores will be displaying their rock mugs for the Christmas market.

Marty T likes this.
  10. News to me. Just picked up a new 2017 Lincoln Navigator equipped with a cd player that operates with voice commands.

11. ian christopher

American models primarly - Japanese cars not so much. Not sure of European models.

12. Marc Perman

Marc Perman Forum Resident

A Lincoln Navigator can hold more CDs than some New York City apartments.

13. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Their biggest problem is rent/employee overhead being too high. Hollywood eviction to a smaller building could be a blessing in disguise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.