Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

"...And Justice" (Metallica) JPN CD, 25dp WOW*

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by crispynz1, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crispynz1

crispynz1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member

This one's a promo.

3. hushypushy

hushypushy Active Member

Does promo really mean anything..? I guess you get the neat numbered promo card.

I paid $12.99 for my 25DP, it has an obi and looks and feels like it came out of plastic wrapping the day I bought it. (What I mean by feels is that the plastic feels brand new, not worn. New case maybe?) I don't have that little promo card though...

4. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member

I don't know, but DCC promos carry a premium.

5. crispynz1

crispynz1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Not $734 though :confused:

6. LeeS

LeeS Martini Time

Wow. :eek:

7. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

With all due respect, these promo CDs are much ado about nothing. You get a sticker on the back insert or back of the jewel case and a stamp on the plastic ring. Otherwise, same disc, same mastering. Furthermore, promo discs are generally not rare in Japan. I have a few, and it's neat when you find one, but it's hardly worth getting hysterical over.

$734. I wonder if that's more because it's sealed than because it's a promo. Could be that both factors were at play, but I have to believe it being sealed was a major draw. Metallica collectors are rather intense.

For the record, I found an EX copy of the 25DP disc in the bins last year for $8. No OBI strip, used, and not a promo. Hence, it's worthless. ;)

8. JayB

JayB Forum Resident

Maybe the promo version of Justice actually has bass! :laugh:

9. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Holy smokes. That is INSANE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.