Andy Gibb - Any Favorite Songs?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by twistandshout, Jan 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

I love Shadow Dancing.

Ms. Daisy likes this.
  2. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

As much as I love the Bee Gees (and I LOVE the Bee Gees lol :love:), I cannot stand Andy Gibb. I find that ironic given how much his brothers were involved in his records. :shrug:

That being said, the one song of his I DO like is (Our Love) Don't Throw It All Away.

3. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

He did the best version of that song that I heard. Though the ones by his brothers and Streisand are good too.

FACE OF BOE, John Adam and Hadean75 like this.
  4. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

Agreed. :agree:

5. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

A new thought for me that a Bee Gees fan wouldn't care for Andy's music so much. I always thought he was like a pre-falsetto Barry, or Maurice on his rare solo outings, and tended to fare better in the disco backlash era where people were really knocking the falsetto thing. But of course his brothers and their pool of talent around them had a lot to do with his recordings, and his success is as much theirs as well. I feel the recordings have all stood up well over time, they should all be available in the best quality. His own individuality shone through, it's actually lazy to only compare him to his brothers which I'm guilty of doing, and in a way that a Bee Gees fan wouldn't be as into him proves his individuality. :)

I'd love to have seen/heard even more of his songwriting, he was obviously very talented and developing in his own right.

6. Castle in the air

Castle in the air Forum Resident

"Everlasting Love" and "(Our Love)Don't Throw It All Away" are my two favorite.

plentyofjamjars67 likes this.
  7. twistandshout

twistandshout Forum Resident Thread Starter

I liked all the music by Andy Gibb. He resembled his older brother Barry most of all.

vivresavie likes this.
  8. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

9. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Adore I Just Want To Be Your Everything

Ms. Daisy and blutiga like this.
  10. Bobby Morrow

agundy, Song4U and John Adam like this.
  11. John Adam

John Adam An Introvert In Paradise

I agree, it should be there, just for fans!
    Whatever happened to the 2nd song from the 87 sessions? It was on Mythology, which has been deleted from I-Tunes. Including that track I bought!!! (See post #19.)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  12. ferdinandhudson

ferdinandhudson Forum Resident

Andy's daughter Peta has confirmed that she doesn't have the rights to his pre-RSO recordings so at this time isn't able to release them but she does say her legal team is working on it.

JeffMo, siveld, Song4U and 1 other person like this.
  13. LouieG

LouieG Forum Resident

Interesting enough, his first hit “I Just Want To Be Your Everything” and his last hit “Time Is Time”. He did a great live version of “I Go For You” on the 1979 UNICEF concert.

14. twistandshout

twistandshout Forum Resident Thread Starter

Andy Gibb was one of my favorite singers when I was a teen.....loved all his songs!

Ms. Daisy likes this.
  15. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

An Aussie years comp and original debut album would be most welcome.

As would a live album from 1977 or 1978.

siveld and John Adam like this.
  16. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

I have that 45 single with picture sleeve, I actually think it's pretty good duet. So it was released on a cd?

17. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

I had a hard time years ago trying to find the Greatest Hits Collection CD with Man on Fire but finally got it. Of course my favorite tracks are the 2 duets with Olivia. I have the live version from the UNICEF of Rest Your Love on 45 and Promo LP. I think one of my favorite Andy tracks is "Desire"

John Adam likes this.
  18. John Adam

I was referring to "Arrow Through the Heart," which was a solo track recorded in 1987. You must be referring to this one. I have this single too. It is NOT coming out on the new compilation.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  19. Bobby Morrow

I honestly don’t think that’s a bad version.:) Wonder why Victoria didn’t get a solo?:D

What is shocking is how much older Andy looks only a couple of years after his super-success. High living took it’s toll on him.

John Adam likes this.
  20. pokemaniacjunk

pokemaniacjunk Forum Resident

Let It Be Me
    In The End

21. ronm

ronm audiofreak

I like to crank up "Thicker Than Water".Sounds REAL good.

JeffMo likes this.
  22. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

That's the one, it's a nice duet. I wonder if that single charted? Isn't it odd they released a single 45 of this song back then and you could not buy it on an album of Andy's?

John Adam likes this.
  23. John Adam

#51 on the (US) Hot 100. I imagine the legal and "other complications" surrounding this keep it a novelty more than a musical milestone. I wish it was on Andy's upcoming compilation. One of two wishes, the other being the a '87 track.
    That's why I compile my own things..........

Song4U likes this.
  24. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Senior Member

I Just Want To Be Your Everything -- major "guilty pleasure" song. I crank it when it comes on.

Ms. Daisy and JeffMo like this.
  25. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

What is the 87' track?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.