Animal Collective Ballet Slippers 3LP

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hhjack, Dec 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hhjack

hhjack Forum Resident Thread Starter

Anyone pick this up or planning to? I actually enjoyed the Live at 9:30 box set especially the Centipede Hz songs which sound better than their studio equivalents, IMHO. I've been listening on Spotify to the new live one (a release celebrating the 10th anniversary of Merriweather Post Pavillion) and while I like the premise, I'm not sure it's an essential vinyl purchase. Any AnCo fans want to weigh in?

2. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I’m more than likely going to take a pass on it myself. Just not my favorite era for the band for one thing (I will fight for Feels being their greatest work until I’m dead and buried) and also because I’ve never been very impressed with the sound of their live recordings (including the live Panda Bear solo material out there too). I think if I stumbled across it for $20 I would bite but otherwise... nah.

3. hhjack

hhjack Forum Resident Thread Starter

I get that. The new release sounds like a good audience recording. And that's fine. I've enjoyed quite a few of their live bootlegs. But at $50 I would hope for something a little more professional sounding.

hutlock likes this.
  4. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Exactly. Given the nature of their music I don’t expect it to sound like Eric Clapton or something but still... pretty rough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.