‘Animaniacs’ Reboot Being Developed By Steven Spielberg, Amblin TV and Warner Bros.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, May 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Slappy was the mom, Skippy was the nephew. (I think?)

2. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

That's right! NARF!

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  3. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Skippy is one of the names. Forget the other one.

4. MikaelaArsenault

Never mind. I just remembered the other one's name. Slappy.

5. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Regarding Kricfalusi, I don't think he's done himself any favors in coming across as an epic animation snob. Make no mistake, I adore and hold in high esteem the craft of hand-drawn animation. But castigating "Family Guy" is kind of missing the point. I would imagine the guy must have an aneurism now when he sees shows that have gone beyond the "simple" animation of "Family Guy" into full-on Flash animation style for shows like "My Little Pony." Some of these cartoons have seemingly morphed almost from 2D to 1D...

I also have to say specifically regarding "Ren and Stimpy" that Billy West did a pretty much indistinguishable Ren voice in Kricfalusi's absence. Meanwhile, Kricfalusi's attempt to do an "Adult After Dark" version (or whatever it was called) of "Ren and Stimpy" years later not only was tonally rather off, but had an awful Stimpy voice that sounded nothing like Billy West.

Billy West may be temperamental himself as well; I've seen evidence of it. But the guy can do a million voices, and is one of the best I've ever heard at *matching* other voice actors. I recall years and years ago on Howard Stern's show, Billy West did the "Beavis and Butt-head" voices and he was indistinguishable from Mike Judge.

6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I never heard about Billy West not getting along with Disney. He got along fine with the Warner Bros. people for 15 years, and as far as know he still does occasionally voices for WB projects. In fact, he's credited with an Elmer Fudd voice only 2 years ago (out of the 175 credits he has on IMDB). A friend of mine used him for a voice over on a promo package a few years ago and said West was easygoing to work with and absolutely no problem on the session -- in and out in 30 minutes.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  7. Billy West use to be a radio figure here in Boston on WBCN before he got his big break. A talented and funny guy. What Stern did to him in that segment linked above was a major d!ck move and I am glad Billy bailed from his show.

8. MikaelaArsenault

I meant that he wasn't involved with Disney when Disney's Doug premiered. Apologies.

9. Obtuse1

Obtuse1 Forum Resident

Some of the short interstitials were great as well.... Good Idea/Bad Idea for example:

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  10. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Those were great! Wow, I haven't seen those in years.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  11. Obtuse1

Obtuse1 Forum Resident

As far as I know neither Animaniacs or Pinky & The Brain have been in syndication in the US for quite some time.

Animaniacs ran on The Hub for a short time a few years ago, and IIRC the last time P&B aired was on Nickelodeon in the late 90's/early 00's (with altered intros):

I gained an affinity for the shows while working for a WB affiliate way back when..

12. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

They should leave this one in the 1990's along with Tiny Toon Adventures.

13. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Things that most go if the reboot comes ..
    1. no Chicken Boo pure stupid awful crap
    I never watch that cartoon on animaniacs dvd.
    2. No Hip Hippoes even one creators admitted it was a mistake
    and it was
    3. No Rita And Runt another lame idea that was dumb..
    4. No Goodfeathers another dumb idea filler B.S
    5. Buttons and Mindy a dog chasing it's tail

The Warners Bros. Pinky And The Brain and Slappy Squirrel
    should be allowed the only cartoons that were funny and still are.

14. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

I was fortunate to work on the original series. Seems a shame that none of the original talent is involved but hopefully the new writers and show runner will do the series justice.

15. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

That's cool I have some original layout sheets I got from artist who worked on that show.
    and color sheet of warners bros and dot before there whiskers were added.
    Sad non of original writers will be back ..
    On those layout sheets some characters were never used..

16. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

I saved a bunch of stuff as well. Quite a few storyboards, layouts, model sheets, drawings, cells...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.