Animatrix DVD

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Tyler, Jun 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member Thread Starter

Last night my girlfriend and I picked up the Animatrix DVD.

If you're a fan of anime or The Matrix, this is a must own. My girlfriend is an authority on both and it has her seal of approval.

The nine short films on this disc are all done in different styles on animation. For example, "The final flight of the Osiris" has a style very similar to "Final Fantasy The Spirits Within". While "The second renaissance" has a more traditional anime feel to it.

I picked this DVD up for pretty cheap at Costco (16 bucks!). I enjoyed this DVD even more than "The Matrix Reloaded). The second Renaissance was my personal favorite segment. It details the story about how machines came to dominate the earth.

It has Tyler's seal of approval.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

2. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

Thanks for the input, I have it on order

3. GoldenBoy

GoldenBoy Purple People Eater

I think I'm going to purchase this DVD as well. The Animatrix is currently playing on PPV on DirecTV, and I have been very tempted to order it, but I can't decide if I should check it out before I get the DVD or not. Oh, the dilemma.:sigh: :)

4. Claviusb

Claviusb A Serious Man

This week the DVD is $14.95 at Best Buy and they include a small sewn patch of the cover (a BB exclusive.)

5. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member Thread Starter

Just buy it, you won't be sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.