Another Day, Another Paul McCartney Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jmxw, Feb 19, 2021.

1. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

"Provoked" is the word.
    And it worked... :D

2. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

Double “nope”

3. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

Even though ' McCartney III ' is available on vinyl in every colour known to man , McCartney only wears white underwear.

zphage, joy stinson and tug_of_war like this.
  4. MaybeI'mMrsVandebilt

MaybeI'mMrsVandebilt Just spinning on my axis

1. What headlines? Let's face it, today, headlines = trending on twitter. Don't recall #McCartneymentionsLennon trending or #PaulmentionsBeatles. Actually, last time Beatles trended on twitter was about a month ago and it was because they were 'overrated' along with Oasis. LOL. That was quite funny actually. There were all these boomers losing it.:laugh:
    2. Mentioning John in an interview drives it home that they were equal talents? I'm not sure I understand what you mean...
    3. I don't understand what you mean, sorry
    4. What other stuff?

Rocco likes this.
  5. lavalamp3

lavalamp3 Forum Resident

I thought this was going to be a thread about Paul's 'Another Day' song!

Well, seems it's not but now I'm here it seems worth mentioning that Another Day was released exactly 50 years ago today in the UK (Feb 19th, 1971)

Still one of my favourite McCartney 45's! :righton:

6. tug_of_war

As sure as you didn't react to it. :unhunh:

7. joy stinson

joy stinson Secret friend

Seems irrelevant...

Aftermath likes this.
  8. joy stinson

Lol about the Maxwell number of sessions mentioned...but, despite all exaggerations from John and George, I think Maxwell took only 29 takes...but lol at your joke.

9. joy stinson

Not me...

tug_of_war likes this.
  10. joy stinson

I was fascinated with his different sound from others and the other Beatles then. I remember buying this single as a 13 yo and especially wearing out its b side, oh woman, oh why so much, my mom repeatedly yelled at me to turn it off and quit playing it...This is an incredible video with the song that I didn’t see till a few years ago as got woefully behind with all things Macca online....

lavalamp3 and 905 like this.
  11. joy stinson

Lol..are you sure!

12. joy stinson

Yeah, I’m old and read in some YouTube comments and on Reddit , etc., I’m so old I have to read there and not the other places, lol, but I read that some youngins think the Beatles are overrated...I agree that I don’t think Macca needs heads by mentioning the Beatles or John cuz the dude has been doing it for many years now. He is seen by some as an equal partner to John, by others as not, so continuing to mention John is not gonna win him that battle if folks are already convinced either way....

I think Macca is obviously just old and has been for awhile now and likes to tell his stories and like many old folks to repeat his stories. I don’t think he has any particular ulterior motives but is like old soldiers taking about their war days. Otherwise, as this is the old conniving Paul trope which goes way back.

I think if Paul were ever much asked about other things, he’d talk more about them more but it seems like most interviewers cover the same old ground. Paul is not leading the interview but instead is answering questions put to him, so I’m not sure it is he who is staying in safe territory but likewise I’m not sure why he’d need to. After all, he revealed their old circle j*** info and that was pretty...unsafe ground though it did involve the other Beatles.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    MaybeI'mMrsVandebilt likes this.
  13. joy stinson

Very necessary to set boundaries about reporting blatant trolling,...which has sadly affected my enjoyment of quite a few McCartney threads...

14. theniall

theniall Forum Resident

Embarrassing

joy stinson likes this.
  15. joy stinson

yes, it is...and love your avatar. I know moderators can’t possibly monitor all comments on such a large forum, but some of the McCartney comments have have gotten very bad in the past.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    Sear likes this.
  16. Durango88

Durango88 Without Bogey Music, life is indeed incomplete

From Denny Seiwells Facebook Page: Today is the 50th Anniversary of Paul McCartney’s debut solo single Another Day/Oh Woman Oh Why. The single was also my debut on a McCartney release! Im happy to announce that these two songs have also been remade for the 50th anniversary version of RAM, that I have co produced coming out May 15!

So, we're probably lucky... ;)

17. MaybeI'mMrsVandebilt

This is great news! Thanks for giving the heads up!

18. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

McCartney get an easy passage on this forum compared to many many other artists, that is an indisputable fact, the vitriol directed at many other artists eg. Radiohead, U2, Punk bands, every current artist under the age of 50 is completely over the top.

For every post with even the mildest criticism of him on here , and those are few and far between, there are quite literally hundreds of gushing, fawning, completely over the top praise for the man.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  19. Piiijiii

Piiijiii Hundalasiliah

It's time for The Complete Ram Sessions set!

Oh, and:

dunkoid, Paulwalrus, Calico and 5 others like this.
  20. MaybeI'mMrsVandebilt

GREAT video to post and one of my treasured favourites. I always think if only people would watch this video they might finally understand Wild Life.

dunkoid, Rocco, BellaLuna and 3 others like this.
  21. Durango88

Durango88 Without Bogey Music, life is indeed incomplete

Yeah, uhm, it seems like this dream has already been shattered, after fellow @anthony_beat had replied:

joy stinson likes this.
  22. MaybeI'mMrsVandebilt

Is it the 90 other musicians and singers you're referring to?

joy stinson likes this.
  23. tug_of_war

I think that, if anything, there will be a simple re-release of the album, like "McCartney" last year.

joy stinson likes this.
  24. GolemZGLM

GolemZGLM Forum Resident

Let's hope we finally get the elusive Ram demos in this set

Rocco and MaybeI'mMrsVandebilt like this.
  25. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Mrs. Krabappel digs "Another Day"